Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I don't wear lipstick because it always ends up on my teeth and I don't like the stickiness of gloss.  I live in the high desert and have to use lip balm so now I've simplified my life by using tinted balm.

Burt's Bees

I'll be 60 this year. Woman Happy

@just bee , i have the same problem with lipsticks ending up on my teeth.  does this product stay put and stay off your teeth? 

Esteemed Contributor

@just beeI have pomegranate, watermelon, hibiscus (& one in the car)

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I don't wear lipstick because it always ends up on my teeth and I don't like the stickiness of gloss.  I live in the high desert and have to use lip balm so now I've simplified my life by using tinted balm.

Burt's Bees

I'll be 60 this year. Woman Happy

@just bee , i have the same problem with lipsticks ending up on my teeth.  does this product stay put and stay off your teeth? 

@fancy pantsy 

It stays off my teeth and it doesn't dry out my lips.  Needs to be applied often if you want color to be consistently on your lips, but it doesn't require a mirror.  I keep one in my scrubs pocket at work and just use it like a regular lip balm.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mary Bailey 

Pomegranate is a lip balm with a slight rosy tint -- I just started using that as a regular lip balm.  Watermelon is a lip shimmer; Burt's Bees shimmers work, too, because the colors are so flattering.

Nice to have a variety to choose from, isn't it?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Re: Lip Gloss question!

[ Edited ]

Not reading the comments but I will never stop wearing lipgloss - unless I decide not to! been wearing it my whole life, still love the look, taste and feel, and it's not going anywhere. I don't care what some makeup artist, or what any other makeup self-proclaimed expert thinks. What is in one year is out the next. Glossy, healthy looking lips will never completely disappear.

Wait, I just looked up the book, and you have it wrong, it is written by a woman, not that it changes my opinion. I just like to know the facts.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

If a professional makeup artist can't come up with any methods to make lip gloss look great on older women, I question his expertise.

Years ago when Holly Mordeni was the Smashbox rep she demo'd a lipstick/gloss mua trick that I still utilize.

She placed a small amount of gloss on the lipstick, I recall her placing on the side of the bullet, not the top. She mixed the gloss into the lipstick with a brush. Explaining that you can vary the intensity depending on mix ratio. I can get a lovely sheer color payoff to a moister, richer, potent just kissed look. Plus a few in betweens. I can create an attractive lip look while tempering the high shine that I don't always desire.

Hi @Porcelain ! I'm waving. Hope all is well with you. ♡♡♡

@rochelleS , now that's a professional.

All is very well here. How are you doing? Wavin right back atcha! HeartHeartHeartSmiley Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mary Bailey 

Pomegranate is a lip balm with a slight rosy tint -- I just started using that as a regular lip balm.  Watermelon is a lip shimmer; Burt's Bees shimmers work, too, because the colors are so flattering.

Nice to have a variety to choose from, isn't it?

it is!  I really never wore anything before this. (& a couple that DS's GF brought me from Japan - also love these)

Esteemed Contributor

That term "older lady" just annoys me a bit! I'm about to turn 71 and I wear what works for me in both clothes and makeup. I've used gloss for years - only on my lower lip and just a touch of it.

Honored Contributor
I am 66 and wear gloss that gives a sheen, not shine. I don’t wear it much because most glosses feel sticky and gummy on my lips. I don’t believe anyone should be telling women what they can and can’t wear simply because of what the calendar says.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lip Gloss question!

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

If a professional makeup artist can't come up with any methods to make lip gloss look great on older women, I question his expertise.

Years ago when Holly Mordeni was the Smashbox rep she demo'd a lipstick/gloss mua trick that I still utilize.

She placed a small amount of gloss on the lipstick, I recall her placing on the side of the bullet, not the top. She mixed the gloss into the lipstick with a brush. Explaining that you can vary the intensity depending on mix ratio. I can get a lovely sheer color payoff to a moister, richer, potent just kissed look. Plus a few in betweens. I can create an attractive lip look while tempering the high shine that I don't always desire.

Hi @Porcelain ! I'm waving. Hope all is well with you. ♡♡♡

@rochelleS , now that's a professional.

All is very well here. How are you doing? Wavin right back atcha! HeartHeartHeartSmiley Wink

@Porcelain , I'm chillin' over here. Took a hard, fast tumble on snow covered ice this week. 😲 It was  jarring and I feel pretty stoopid, so I'm babying myself. Otherwise, I am great! Munching on spicy szechuan gourmet green beans with tofu and beef and I'm just the happiest lil clam!

Loving the Skinn B Butters in this cold weather 👍👍👍💓💓💓!!!

I recently went out of my normal comfort zone with a Chanel lippie/gloss combo. Beaucoup bucks but so far it's fabulous. Truly. It's the Le Rouge Duo and apparently is a very popular item. A long, but non drying, lasting lipstick on one end a soft clear gloss on the other. Being a twofer softens the price tag. Haven't had that ring around the collar, er, lips which I've experienced with many of these duos at every price point. So far, it's is very, very good. 💋💋💋

Good bumping in to you. Stay safe and warm! ♡♡♡

BTW, regarding Holly's (above) lip tp, she used a lip brush to apply...