Frequent Contributor

Does anyone use a product that really softens the lines aroun the mouth?

Esteemed Contributor

@dollgal   I must say that this is what I dislike most about my aging skin.  I've tried every kind of cream out there and there is no miracle. What I do see as a help is lip injections. I am in need of a fill now but since we are wearing masks all of the time, I will wait until this virus is over. In all honesty, it does help with the look of the above lip wrinkles. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I use WEN Bella Spirit Exfoliating Lip Scrub and that has diminished the lines so much that they can barely be seen. Have been using it for about a year, every morning and night.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr. Denese Wrinkle Defense for the face. That has made a big difference for me.

Honored Contributor

Regular lip exfoliation and faithfully use your face products (aha, serums, retinoid, moisturizer) there. 

if you’re a smoker or use straws regularly, it will be a never ending battle.  

Respected Contributor

I use algenist liquid collagen lip serum. I do believe it helps a lot. I am a straw drinker too. 

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@dollgal   I must say that this is what I dislike most about my aging skin.  I've tried every kind of cream out there and there is no miracle. What I do see as a help is lip injections. I am in need of a fill now but since we are wearing masks all of the time, I will wait until this virus is over. In all honesty, it does help with the look of the above lip wrinkles. 

I'm interested...what type injectable, botox? And did it puff up your top lip...always see actresses with their distorted mouths and wondered if it's from injecting  those upper lip lines. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dollgal 

I use isomers 4D volumizing treatment serum and seeing improvement.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Much of it is do to loss of calcium in the jaw...missing teeth....dentures... cause loss of bone...cause sagging. It is inevitable with aging.

Honored Contributor

I use dermarolling and retin a but I'll probably consult with a dermatologist or ps about fillers sometime but I'm so afraid of looking like the Joker. 
The dermarolling does work but you have to be consistent like with everything else.