Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Rimmel exagerate is a retractable inner rim liner in a nude shade. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus.....I have a beauty question.  I don't wear much eye make up, mascara and and liner only....I have eyes like my grandma...red....makes me look ill and older....yes, I regularly see the eye doctor and yes I do have a condition that makes my eyes blood shot, but can control that with rx drops....with that being said the rims are always red...morning, afternoon and evening.  I need a pencil that is not white but more of a flesh color that might help to mask the red rims...any suggestions.

I have looked but all pencils I see are pure white....

thanks!

@Mom2Dogs   I understand your condition and sympathize. Yes, a white liner can stand out and sometimes draw more attention to the eye. The one I use is by Tarte and called Inner Eye Liner. It’s a pale cream shade. Obviously, by its name, it is made just for this purpose. I hope this helps you.

Respected Contributor

I have never done this, too much chance of infection.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs  I hope you do not mind me answering you......Laura Geller I-care waterproof eye liner in bone. I use it all the time.

@Janey2   Yes, fair-medium skin tones can use a light liner, but if skin is med. to deep, you’ll need a darker cream, light taupe shade or it’ll stand out making the situation worse. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I a not sure t want to use one that was waterproof, for the reason you asked....getting it off.  

I think I just want a pencil, but not sure at this point.  Eye infection did not come to mind at the time of my post.

Honored Contributor

I've been lining my inner rims forever and a day. Never had an eye infection...maybe I'm lucky, who knows for sure, but I can certainly understand the concern.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for this. I have been lining my waterline forever but since I couldn't find a product that would work, I gave up. I used to use Smashbox Jet Set but they don't  make it anymore. I'm going to look for this pencil and try a lighter color for a change. Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Liner for inner rim...

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

omg I could have started this exact same thread! In, fact, I almost wrote one this morning but decided to look around for a product first. I ran across a retractable pencil that says it's made just for the rims. It's called City Color Inner Rim Auto Eye Liner and it's a light nude color. I ordered it from ebay but it's also sold on their website. I have chronic red eyes and my rims are always red. Makes me look tired or stoned.Woman LOL I'm always lining my rims with pencils to cover the redness with a dark color, for instance blue, black or dark brown. But I want to try something to make my eyes look wider and brighter, not closed in with a dark liner. I just ordered that pencil today so I'll post my review here after I try it on. Got my fingers crossed!Woman Happy

ETA- I was even gonna give a holler to @Shanus  just like you did!

CITY COLOR Retractable Pencil - $4-$6 - reviews look good

530c5acf-315e-41d9-b8e8-a8f931a0c827_1.371a38027723bf38529693468fbb8989.jpeg

This finally arrived in my mailbox today and I was so excited to try it on right away. 

It glides on so effortlessly and the color looks very natural. I applied to my bottom inner rims and it makes my eyes look awake and fresh. When I was applying it, the harder I pressed down the heavier the application. So I kept a light hand to give it less intense color...more natural looking with my olive complexion. So far it is staying put and hasn't disappeared yet after a few hours.  It's a keeper and I will be buying this again. Two thumbs up for this pencil.Woman Happy

eta- No eye irritation at all. I don't even know I'm wearing it.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus.....I have a beauty question.  I don't wear much eye make up, mascara and and liner only....I have eyes like my grandma...red....makes me look ill and older....yes, I regularly see the eye doctor and yes I do have a condition that makes my eyes blood shot, but can control that with rx drops....with that being said the rims are always red...morning, afternoon and evening.  I need a pencil that is not white but more of a flesh color that might help to mask the red rims...any suggestions.

I have looked but all pencils I see are pure white....

thanks!

@Mom2Dogs   Just read your question again....forgot to suggest Lumify eye drops...not for itchy eyes, etc. They’re just for the purpose of red or blood shot eyes. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus ...I do have that product...I does a great job, but for some reason it makes me feel 'odd' for lack of a better word, so I do not use is every day.