Esteemed Contributor

Linda Wells interviews Bobbi Brown - The Cut

Beauty ladies, I think you'll really enjoy this article from New York magazine's "The Cut" as Linda Wells interviews makeup artist Bobbi Brown:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/03/bobbi-browns-next-moves-and-beauty-secrets-interview.html

Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linda Wells interviews Bobbi Brown - The Cut

BB is interesting! I like her basic, fresh approach concepts, but she is not the artist I would choose if I were doing a cover or portrait.

Oftentimes I think like she seems to have implied -- the true beauty (and most youthful look) is hidden (so to speak) underneath tons of makeup. Yet, with a little enhancement - voila!!

Respected Contributor

@TY  Thanks for the link.  I enjoyed the read. Didn't realize she sold to EL so early on.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi TY1

Thanks for this link , before I went all cruelty free four years ago I used Bobbie Brown eclusively . It was great to hear a name from the past Andrea Robinson I know she was responsible for the Ultima II line the Nakeds . That was probably one of the best makeup lines ever.  I was so dissapointed when that was discontinued . I think Kevin Aucoin also worked on that too .I always enjoy reading about how people  get started or get their inspiration . Thanks again 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the article it was a great read............happy for her......she got a lot of lucky breaks and worked hard..........she was also at the right SPOT............good for her.............we need to feel pretty............we are girls, ladies......well many are some are fabulous without makeup..........I am able to wear just lipstick on the days I do not wear makeup and I am happy about that..........

Esteemed Contributor

@TY, Thanks for sharing the interesting article.  I can understand how after 20 years Bobbi had enough of the corporate control.  Even with supposedly having creative control over product development and what at the counter, Estee Lauder made her put things out which were so against the way she believes makeup should look (such as the popular Shimmer Bricks).  You would never get a shimmer cheek if Bobbi were doing your makeup or personally advising you.    

With Bobbi out of the way there could be more noticeable changes for long time customers with the product offerings.  I sure hope Bobbi develops another line in the future.  I will be eternally grateful to her for showing me how to do the no makeup makeup on my face; and what tones and how to wear red lipstick on my wide full lips.    

Honored Contributor

I think it was funny how she said she hates contouring! lol! I too hate it. To me it is like wearing a padded bra- it makes you appear to have something you don't really have and, at some point, the game will be up and you will be exposed for what you really DO have, lol. Seriously though, contouring is too much work and most of the time, you can tell when people have tried to contour and it isn't pretty. Just embrace your face shape and try to work with what you have- enhance  what you do have instead of trying to fake what you don't have! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for providing this article; fantastic read!! I wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do going forward.

Honored Contributor

Everyone should follow their own heart and she did. But her look sure isn't mine and I'm utterly and completely sick and tired of the nude, neutral natural look. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval