Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz

Ulta products are the Tree Hut brand, which I have tried.  In fact, I have some of the sugar scrub and body wash.

They aren't bad, but no body spray.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I actually think the BBW lime and coconut scent was wretched, lol. I won't even tell you what it reminds me of because my post would probably get poofed. We all perceive scent differently!

Anyway, I stopped buying BBW many many years ago when they discontinued a few of the scents I really loved, one which was my signature scent, the one that I was wearing when I met my husband and which he always reminiscences about. I've never found a replacement scent even though I keep trying (NOT at BBW though).

I think pretty much all of their scents these days are horrid- way too sweet and artifical and fake. I can't even stand walking by the store these days it stinks so much. I miss the old BBW, the one where they used to make it look like an old country store, very quaint and the packaging looked nicer, not like the cheap $1 store packaging it looks like now. The store is annoyingly bright, loud,  cheap, and plasticy looking now. Then add  in the stinky scents. ick. You always know when someone is wearing one of their scents too. You can smell them from a mile away. 

I can't do BBW scents, either. I don't know what it is about them, but even when I like one in the bottle or tube, it turns within minutes of my putting it on my skin and becomes awful.

And even though I love the smell of amber and wear it often, their amber fragrances give me such a severe asthma attack that I have to ask everyone who works with me not to wear or use the BBW amber scents anywhere near me. I've had to leave meetings because people outside my normal team wore it and I could not stop coughing and wheezing. I don't know what it is they use in their Amber line, but it's worse for me that anything I've encountered in terms of how fast and strong my reaction is.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

@HappyDaze

I agree with your assessment of BBW scents.

Most of whatever it is they are selling has a plastic/unpleasant dry down.  I thought the lime/coconut was the exception. 

You've got me wondering now.

Have I been walking around smelling like cat P?Cat LOL

Hmmm, maybe I'll hold off buying those today.

The hunt for a nice lime coconut continues!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

@HappyDaze

I agree with your assessment of BBW scents.

Most of whatever it is they are selling has a plastic/unpleasant dry down.  I thought the lime/coconut was the exception. 

You've got me wondering now.

Have I been walking around smelling like cat P?Cat LOL

Hmmm, maybe I'll hold off buying those today.

The hunt for a nice lime coconut continues!

HAHAHA. I'm sure you've never smelled like cat pee, @Witchy Woman

I usually go for the fruity tropical or gourmand fall scents. On me, they usually become cloying and artificial and I feel like somehow all most all of them ending up smelling the same once they've been on me for a few minutes. It's weird.

Honored Contributor

You all missed it! On Sunday they had EVERYTHING on sale 40% off with free shipping over $40 (online only)!! Cha ching!! I placed an order for their face cream that usually runs $78/jar plus other creams for my face. I got them for a song! Happy dance!!

"Pure Michigan"