Honored Contributor

Re: Lighting and mirrors for makeup

We have a 6 light fixture over our 3 way medicine cabinet which uses GE G9 LED soft white bulbs.

When we redid our main floor bathroom, I had installed a wall mounted makeup mirror that has a reversible mirror -- normal & magnifying sides. 

This is the one I bought: Jerdon 7X model. I love it!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Natural daylight - next to, or close to, a window.

Using a 1x/3x mirror.

Respected Contributor

15X Floxite mirror that I bought on the Q years ago.

Respected Contributor

Product DetailsAmazon has this 15X Floxite. This looks like mine. Love it. But be aware, you can see everythingWoman Surprised

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

JustJazzmom, I have a Jerdon mirror that is almost exactly the same.  I really like it.  I find that the lighted ones are irritating to my eyes so I'm glad I have enough lighting in my bathroom to use a non-lighted mirror.

Trusted Contributor

I have a mirror from "SimpleHuman". I love it. But pricey. 

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

I have a mirror from "SimpleHuman". I love it. But pricey. 

@Himi lover

I love mine, too. I thought it was a big indulgence at first but the light in my small apartment is poor. The good light from the mirror makes such a difference! Being rechargeable is nice, too. I quickly realized that it was a good investment.

Mine is the round, 5x magnification stand version & it is just right for applying my makeup. I must confess that I would like the newer, large 3 panel mirror they have now but it is twice the price and I'd need a larger makeup vanity to accommodate it so I'll keep enjoying the nice one I have!

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3

I was just looking at their website and saw that large mirror. I'd love it too, but $400?  I noticed that the new sensor mirrors have an app for lighting that connects to your cell phone for different lighting scenarios. 

Yes, I love the lighting on my mirror, no distortion at all. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Himi lover@wildob - I recently purchased the 5 inch travel simplehuman mirror. Love the quality as you both have stated. Auto lighting is nice and no distortions of any kind with this brand and realistic lighting, but it is a bit small for my everyday use.  I think I'm returning for the 7 inch as (I don't travel enough to justify two because of the price). Saw the 7" is available using the customary coupon at BBB. . If I had more space on my vanity, I'd love to go for the triple as well! Nordies has the rose gold 8" (?) on during its current sale (and also offers the app for specific lighting selection) but I just don't want something over a foot tall in the area I am using it in.