Frequent Contributor

I just received the Popsonic Rechargeable Makeup Mirror, this is the first mirror I’ve had with lighting that goes around the entire edge.  I look hideous, lol!  It’s comparable to the mirrors in store dressing rooms.  Has anyone had the same experience?

Esteemed Contributor

I tried a couple of those with light in the past and they are always horrible.  Cheap mirror- or too much light too close to face.  That's why I use a natural daylight VERILUX  table lamp on my makeup table along with a good quality pedestal mirror.  Two levels of brightness.

Respected Contributor

@jeffie24   That reminds me of the first time I looked in the bathroom mirror after having cataract surgery...OMG!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have an Ottlite Natural Daylight mirror plus a Floxite lighted travel with regular & magnifying mirrors.

I have a larger round magnifying mirror with 3 suction cups on the back. It comes in handy in hotel rooms. You can stick it on the window & open the curtain to get some light.

I also have Daylight bulbs in the lights in my bathroom mounted on the sides of the mirror on the wall instead above you shining in your eyes so you can't see.

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@jeffie24   That reminds me of the first time I looked in the bathroom mirror after having cataract surgery...OMG!

me too!!

Honored Contributor

I love the one I got at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's Conair, magnifying, and lights.  It's gone over 10 years and is still fantastic!

This: amazon 5 stars

Lighted Makeup Mirror, LED Makeup Mirror with Magnification, 5X Magnifying Makeup Mirror, Natural Soft LED Light, 360 Degree Rotation, Battery Operated or AC Adapter, 8" X 7" Tabletop Makeup Mirror

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought conair, portable floxite, and a non-magnifying rectangular from Amazon called Jerrybox Makeup Vanity Mirror with LED Lights Trifold Cosmetic Mirror and I have had great experiences with all.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Honored Contributor

i have the BELMONT ESTATE VANITY MIRROR from FRONTGATE.

my mother gave it to me as a birthday gift last year.

love it......two sides.....life size and 5X.

https://akamai-scene7.frontgate.com/is/image/frontgate/143005_main?$wfih$

frontgate is a QURATE company so i believe i can share the link.

https://www.frontgate.com/belmont-estate-vanity-mirror/731085?listIndex=1

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein