Honored Contributor

Lighted Makeup Mirror on Elise's Show This Morning

Have been debating about getting a new one with LED light.  Mine has to be at least 15 years old or older and the light seems kind of dim.  Did anyone else see the mirror?  Its oval shaped instead of round - like the ones I"ve been researching - and the 10x magnified part is a small mirror that attaches to the main mirror with a magnet.   I'm used to just flipping my mirror over for the magnification.  The oval shape actually seems like a good idea.  I realize its costly and there are cheaper alternatives out there so not looking for comments about the cost.

What do you think about the oval shape?  If you have a mirror with an attachable magnified mirror like the one shown - does it stay on or lose its magnet strength after a while and fall off?  The ones I"ve seen that have the smaller magnified mirror all come with it attached so wondering how well that little mirror really would stay on.

Does having the magnified part of the mirror as a small attachment work out ok or is it more or an irritant and get in the way?

I know lots of questions!  Thank you for any help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lighted Makeup Mirror on Elise's Show This Morning

I didn't see the mirror you're referring to, but I will say I much prefer an oval mirror to a round one.  I just find it's easier since it's shaped more like my face.  I also feel like the round one I have distorts my face a little.

It seems like it could be a good idea to have the 10x as a side mirror.  I only use mine to pluck my brows, I find the magnification too big for anything else.  My oval mirror has a 5x magnification and that's what I like to use to apply my foundation and eye makeup now that my eye sight stinks.  I like to use the regular side when applying blush/bronzer/highlight.

I hope you like it if you decide to buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the rectangle version of this brand and love it. Yes, it is pricy but the clarity in the mirror is the best I've seen. I actually debated about getting this one from this am for the bathroom. I love the oval shape. 

Honored Contributor

I like that idea of having a small removable 10X mirror so that way you can take it with you wherever. I have a 15X small mirror with suction cups on the back so I can stick it to a window, to my bathroom mirror or just hold it in my hand if I need to do a quick check of something on my face. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Several months ago I had a brief encounter with a new fandangled LED mirror.  I did not care for the LEDs.  Probably just used to the fluorescent lighting for 40 years??  They just didn't seem to put out as much light as the fluorescent light.  I didn't not see the presentation but oval/rectangle would be, imo, better than round.  The other thing I didn't like about  the mirror was the small side mirrors and the detachable 10X (round) mirror.  The side mirrors were small, offering multiple magnifications and the 10X mirror fit in the palm of my hand.  Just not the same as looking in a larger 10x mirror.  You may love it!  This is just one person's experience with it.  Tried to return it to the seller but they didn't want it back and refunded my money Smiley Surprised  It was during the height of Covid.  I gave it to my daughter and granddaughter.  The love it! 

Honored Contributor

The bigger the better in my book.  For years I've used a simple double sided mirror from Walmart, 10X.  Just recently I got a 20X mirror in an auction lot, it wasn't even listed in the description.  I think they run around $40.00, Floxite, I believe.  I love this thing, I've seen things on my face I didn't even know existed, like extra hairs and tiny pimples.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

I get so depressed when I take a good long look in the large 10X mirror we have.  I think my face is looking great and then look at it magnified 10X Smiley Surprised  20X?  No thanks! LOL