Esteemed Contributor

So I cannot believe how slow the shipping is for this mask. It left Florida before Christmas and then spent almost a week in Indiana. It shows it's in Seattle, but the delivery date is now January 8th. Lol. 

All this anticipation and it will probably arrive damaged.  😆 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor
Probably because of Christmas and all the weather issues. Plus carriers hit every hub twice these days
Honored Contributor

LOL, I needed a new computer last minute, so ordered one through Costco on sale.  Expected delivery date was the Tuesday after Christmas, but then all the travel nightmares happened and I thought for sure my delivery would get caught up in that mess.  Surprisingly, I got it in two days and before Christmas.  My only gripe is they just sat it on the top step of my front porch visible to any porch pirate that might drive by.  Luckily, I was home at the time, and it wasn't FedEx because they don't even ring the doorbell.  I expected to have to sign for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @monicakm --

You have, intentionally or not, gotten me to watch some Angie Hot and Flashy videos.  She had one on red light/near infra-red light devices, and she posted the intensities for several devices, including the Current Body face mask, which we did not have for this earlier discussion.  

This is a screengrab of her chart

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 5.19.18 PM.png

Don't know if you can see it!  The first line is for the device at the derm.  The Current Body face mask is the third line.  Its intensity is 30mW/cm2 for both red and near infra-red devices, and the distance of application is right next to the skin.

The author of the book I mentioned stated that for the reduction of the appearance of fine lines, he recommended power densities below 50mW/cm2, and then the amount of time varied depended on the joules and the distance.  I can't do the math in the book, but I am guessing the Current Body people determined the appropriate length of time of treatment based on the joules and other characteristics of the device.

I am not smart enough to do all the math involved to determine the power intensity needed to reach muscles, tendons ligaments or other internal organs, but, generally, he indicates more power intensity would be needed, so this device would not be up to that task.  

He does discuss the Joovv, which Angie also included, but he doesn't like it because of its size.  You need to spend a lot of time with it if you have several treatment areas.  Angie states the Joov is to used 16" to 24" away from the face, as opposed to the Current Body next to the skin.  That is because the Joov is more powerful, so one needs the distance to avoid skin damage.  To treat deeper issues like muscles, he states that one would use the Joovv Mini for 13-15 minutes 6-12” away from your body to get an adequate dose.

If you just have a knee and the face and similar discrete areas, the Joov mini might work.  I think they have sales.

Thought this might be interesting/helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Midmod I've been noodling getting one, and like @kate2357 also keeps falling to the bottom of my "list" of priorities, which are many at the moment. Going to be an expensive Dec. It's still on my radar though. Which did you buy? and where? If you don't mind sharing..

Between NuFace and the mask, I once again decided to pass on NuFace, (I've always had too many doubts on that one doing anything noticeable), but still considering the light therapy. Also, I just started better skincare with otc retinol, and considering starting perscription retinoid in the new year, after I've used otc for a while. So, the mask would be a good addition, but I'll look for a good deal and time for me to buy, it is expensive even when discounted. 

2022, I started to intentionally give my skincare more attention and consistency.

@amyb @Midmod 

I purchased the Westinghouse mask and have used it for 45 days and cannot say I've seen any noticable change in my skin. I used in the am and the pm (red in am, blue in pm). So I'm going to call this an inexpensive test and fail. In the meantime I've saved some money for a more expensive mask. Now I just need to decide which one ... the Omnilux or the Current Body?

Anyone have an opinion? 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@Midmod I've been noodling getting one, and like @kate2357 also keeps falling to the bottom of my "list" of priorities, which are many at the moment. Going to be an expensive Dec. It's still on my radar though. Which did you buy? and where? If you don't mind sharing..

Between NuFace and the mask, I once again decided to pass on NuFace, (I've always had too many doubts on that one doing anything noticeable), but still considering the light therapy. Also, I just started better skincare with otc retinol, and considering starting perscription retinoid in the new year, after I've used otc for a while. So, the mask would be a good addition, but I'll look for a good deal and time for me to buy, it is expensive even when discounted. 

2022, I started to intentionally give my skincare more attention and consistency.

@amyb @Midmod 

I purchased the Westinghouse mask and have used it for 45 days and cannot say I've seen any noticable change in my skin. I used in the am and the pm (red in am, blue in pm). So I'm going to call this an inexpensive test and fail. In the meantime I've saved some money for a more expensive mask. Now I just need to decide which one ... the Omnilux or the Current Body?

Anyone have an opinion? 

@kate2357 

I like the CurrentBody mask. It has a single strap vs the 2-strap on the Omnilux. Minor detail but for me the single strap is easier for my messed up hands. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I'm having the hardest time remembering to use my mask Smiley Sad  I seem to be back on it again but I bet I went a month hit and miss. I'm happy with the results, I'm just wondering if I will continue to see them or if by now it's a maintenance thing.  What are your current thoughts?  No one is going to wonder if I've had "work" done.  It's subtle but there.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I'm having the hardest time remembering to use my mask Smiley Sad  I seem to be back on it again but I bet I went a month hit and miss. I'm happy with the results, I'm just wondering if I will continue to see them or if by now it's a maintenance thing.  What are your current thoughts?  No one is going to wonder if I've had "work" done.  It's subtle but there.

@monicakm 

I agree. The mask is not going to give me a face-lift but since it's so easy to use and for only 10 minutes out of my day, I use mine daily. I especially like using it after microneedling and after using my NIRA.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm and @SilleeMee @kate2357 

I thought the Angie Hot and Flashy videos on these devices were pretty good in setting up expectations.  She has several videos.  The differences were noticeable, but not "procedure" like, more like one would get with a "potion", but I think they are more of a sure thing than a "potion".

@kate2357  I think Angie Hot and Flashy has a video specifically comparing these 2 devices.  the specs for the 2 devices are similar per chart, so you may want to choose on price and features like @SilleeMee suggested.  Angie demonstrates how to wear them.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

noticeable, but not "procedure" like

Exactly.  Good way of wording it.