Trusted Contributor
I bought one a few weeks ago and love it. It is already making a difference in the lines of my face.
I have only started really seeing these lines well this year; I could see these fine lines before under 7x magnification but they were only just barely noticeable. 54 now -55 in Jan.
I've always taken care of my skin since my 20's but it seemed this year no matter how diligent with skincare, the forehead lines and nose to mouth & "11" lines between my brows were getting uncomfortably deep.
Since I've been wearing the mask, I wake up and those lines are so much improved that I can't even feel them by touch anymore. I could put my nail inside them & were very aging to me. I do use dry skin products twice a day and never go to bed without cleansing. I have been using M. Asam cleansing oil at night and rinse my face only in the shower.

But the change to the lines has only been since wearing the mask at night after skincare.

Very happy camper here 😁
Esteemed Contributor

@Midmod 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was close to buying one for myself and then all these different things broke at my house thus past week. Garage door opener, dishwasher and treadmill. All need repair or replacement.  Ugh.

I use them all daily, so until I get repairs/replacement paid for, I just don't feel right about spending that much money on myself right now. Sigh. I'm hoping they will have a New Year ... New You sale in January.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor
@kate2357

I understand. I don't have much money for personal items. That's what makes the mask that I bought so great and worth so much more than what I paid for it.

It was a Westinghouse light therapy mask. The best part? $20
Respected Contributor

@Midmod I've been noodling getting one, and like @kate2357 also keeps falling to the bottom of my "list" of priorities, which are many at the moment. Going to be an expensive Dec. It's still on my radar though. Which did you buy? and where? If you don't mind sharing..

Between NuFace and the mask, I once again decided to pass on NuFace, (I've always had too many doubts on that one doing anything noticeable), but still considering the light therapy. Also, I just started better skincare with otc retinol, and considering starting perscription retinoid in the new year, after I've used otc for a while. So, the mask would be a good addition, but I'll look for a good deal and time for me to buy, it is expensive even when discounted. 

2022, I started to intentionally give my skincare more attention and consistency.

Trusted Contributor

520-2220-0789-10-yyy (2).webp

Right now it's $15.99 at Bealls Florida

I paid $20 in store at Bealls outlet 

Trusted Contributor
I think in this instance more $ isn't always better 👍
Respected Contributor

@Midmod wrote:

520-2220-0789-10-yyy (2).webp

Right now it's $15.99 at Bealls Florida

I paid $20 in store at Bealls outlet 

Wow...ok, well, definitely not the ones I was looking at for over $300! (Omnilux and there's another brand too, a little less, that sends me emails and comes up on my IG)

For 15.99 maybe I should try this first!

Respected Contributor

@Midmod I love my RLT mask and use it daily.  I see a difference in my skin and lines.  Congratulations on your results.  We will see differences due to our ages and current skin status, but I am really impressed with this therapy.  I combine this with using the NuFace (which I have used for years) and Tria at home age defying laser.  I see a synergistic effect with them.   The NuFace tones and conditions my face and neck muscles like exercise and that gives a lift to my face.  This modality took time to see results and you have to actively use it and keep it up just like any exercise but I prefer to use the device instead of trying to do those exercises.  

I understand the budgeting issue and have purchased my devices over time, starting with the Tria at home laser after I invested in "in office laser" treatments.  I bought more as I learned about different technologies.  You won't get the results of surgical procedures, but you won't have the risks of surgery either!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Re: Light therapy masks

[ Edited ]

@Midmod and @kate2357  I just saw the eye mask post and encourage you to look at the specs of this before you purchase!   The types of lights and wave lengths make a difference !!!  (Red light, blue light, infrared and near infrared)  I recommend you review the recent (since July) threads on red light therapy where we have extensive discussions about the lights.   It does make a difference and you benefit from an informed decision if you want results.   The best wishes to you beauties!

@amyb  BTW I have the Omnilux and it is very comfortable to use.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor
My mask has red, blue and yellow light therapy. It comes with a charging cord and is very lightweight and comfortable. I lay in bed and doze with it on. I have been mostly using red light since it's mainly for lines and wrinkles. It shuts off automatically after 20 minutes.
I'm sure it's not nearly as nice as the $250-$300 ones but even for me at $20 it was worth a try since I will never be able to prioritize $300 for myself.
I have been very pleasantly surprised at the results and I thought I would post.
Most of the time I feel out of my depth on this board because I cannot buy what other beauty posters buy.
I take suggestions and apply to products within my budget.
monicakm and silleemee recommended light therapy and when I saw the mask I thought what the heck, even I can afford that lol
So I guess you can find these masks at any price point which is great for everyone.
So @amyb, keep looking for one in your budget. There's probably one out there ❤️