Respected Contributor

Light Therapy vs. Microcurrant for jawline? Lightstem vs. NuFace

[ Edited ]

I was wondering if anyone that has use either or both of these devices would recommend which is better to help increase the elasticity of the jawline. I was looking at the Lightstem device on Evine and the NuFace here at the Q. They each have pretty good reviews. Which is better light or microcurrent?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: Light Therapy vs. Microcurrant for jawline? Lightstem vs. NuFace

I USE BOTH.I STARTED USING THEM BOTH ON THE SAME DAY.SOMETHING IS WORKING BECAUSE MY JAW AREA IS FIRMER HOWEVER I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE....NOT TO SMART ON MY PART LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have both also. Got the NuFace about a month before lightstim. Started seeing some improvement pretty quickly with NuFace so would choose that. It does work on the muscles so that is the logical choice it seems to me.The Lightstim works more with the skin. After using the Lightstim for a couple of months I began getting some positive comments on my skin and I have awful skin

Respected Contributor

I think the Lightstim (which I have) works for wrinkles and Nuface is more for firming IMHO.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your replies. I'm really more concerned about sagging skin around my jawline than I am with wrinkles. So do you think the NuFace is better for this?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

In my opinion, yes.

Trusted Contributor

I'm 59 and have been faithfully using a LightStim for Wrinkles device for four or five years, five to six times a week.  Although I don't have many wrinkles on my face (just pesky undereye wrinkles and the beginnings of nasal-labial lines) the LightStim has not done a thing for my jawline.  As each year goes by, my jawline softens more and more and I now have the droopy jowls of a 59 year old, lol!  Droopy jowls runs in my family so I think I'm doomed unless I go under the knife.  One nice thing about the LightStim for Wrinkles is that it does help to heal minor breakouts, if you are acne-prone.  I do my entire face and it takes an hour, time-consuming but also soothing and relaxing at the same time. 

Anyway, I purchased the NuFace Trinity TSV two months ago and have been using it faithfully all over my face, five days a week.  Haven't seen any miracles on my droopy jowls as of yet, they are still drooping just as much as ever!  I've been doing the basic, full face, 20 minute routine but now that I've been doing it faithfully for two months without any results on my jawline, I think I need to do an additional 20 minutes just on my jawline and lower face and see if my droopy jowls improve.  One thing I noticed from using the NuFace is that my upper cheekbone area feels firmer, weird and hard to describe.  It doesn't look different to me but it definitely feels different.  I'm a born skeptic and was leery that the NuFace device was just another way to separate my money from my bank account, lol, but I do think it's doing something positive, albeit slowly.