Trusted Contributor

Re: Lets talk Eye brows and Eye lashes

I finally stopped taking Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin and Nails because I couldn't keep up with the hair and nail growth. Both my nails and hair typically grow pretty fast but that supplement put them on warp speed. It just got to be a hassle, especially with my nails. I like to keep them short and it was almost impossible to do without at least a weekly filing.

I miss the added growth on my lashes but they are really quite long on their own. They always have been long - many used to think I wore false lashes but never have. I liked the little bit of added volume. Now I use castor oil as many here recommended it and I use it on my brows too. I also have some Rapid lash that I apply when I remember - not sure I used it routinely enough to see any real benefits but that was more my fault.

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 7/5/2014 SchippyLuv said:

I've been using RapidLash for 3 or 4 months and I really like it. I'm almost 70 and my lashes look better than they ever have in my life! My lashes only take one coat of mascara now instead of three. The only disadvantage is that sometimes my lashes brush against the back of my glasses - but I'm not complaining... Cool

you poor thing! Lol that sounds like an awesome problem to have :-)I'm afraid to try any of these lash growing products because of the whole changes your eye color thing

Try using an oil, like rosehip seed oil (or baobab, jojoba, argan, etc) with a really thin mascara brush and apply it at night every night. Works just as well for me as Rapidlash (better, actually) and cheaper and no eye color changes. It takes a little longer to see results but it does work if you are consistent and patient. Just a suggestion!

Respected Contributor

Hmmm....I tried organic unrefined virgin coconut oil and it didn't do a thing for my lashes....Careprost sure did though.
Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 HappyDaze said:

I've been using RapidLash for 3 or 4 months and I really like it. I'm almost 70 and my lashes look better than they ever have in my life! My lashes only take one coat of mascara now instead of three. The only disadvantage is that sometimes my lashes brush against the back of my glasses - but I'm not complaining... Cool

you poor thing! Lol that sounds like an awesome problem to have :-)I'm afraid to try any of these lash growing products because of the whole changes your eye color thing

Try using an oil, like rosehip seed oil (or baobab, jojoba, argan, etc) with a really thin mascara brush and apply it at night every night. Works just as well for me as Rapidlash (better, actually) and cheaper and no eye color changes. It takes a little longer to see results but it does work if you are consistent and patient. Just a suggestion!

I will definitely look into it, thank you. I have ok lashes but they are getting sparser as I get older. my main issue is it they've always been invisible because they're blonde
Honored Contributor

I will definitely look into it, thank you. I have ok lashes but they are getting sparser as I get older. my main issue is it they've always been invisible because they're blonde

Yeah, I don't have any suggestions for that, unfortunately. I have lashes that are dark at the base and halfway up, they are light as can be (translucent almost!) so I feel your pain! I also have two different types of lashes- on the inner part of my eye, they are more bristle-y and mid to outer part of my eye they are wispy and thinner. Weird! lol!

Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 HappyDaze said:

Yeah, I don't have any suggestions for that, unfortunately. I have lashes that are dark at the base and halfway up, they are light as can be (translucent almost!) so I feel your pain! I also have two different types of lashes- on the inner part of my eye, they are more bristle-y and mid to outer part of my eye they are wispy and thinner. Weird! lol!

that is strange. Why is that u think? maybe the wispy lashes are the new growth? Maybe it'll get better with time?
Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 7/6/2014 HappyDaze said:

that is strange. Why is that u think? maybe the wispy lashes are the new growth? Maybe it'll get better with time?

I don't know! I never noticed it before but I never really paid alot of attention to my lashes before so who knows if they've been like that forever or? Anyone, don't get me wrong, the inner lashes are still long, just thicker than the outer lashes. Because of that, I don't need as much mascara on the inner ones, I just use mascara to darken the tips up then the outer lashes gets a couple coats to really thicken them up since they are more wispy. I notice I have alot more lashes overall than I use to so perhaps I am noticing the difference more because there are more lashes. Anyway, I love my lashes as they are long and thicker now and I can reallly do the doe-eyed look with the longer, wispier outer lashes. I wish there was a lash stain that actually lasted a few days because I'd go without mascara altogether at times!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, everyone. I think I will try the Biotin and the Carepost. Also since I already have some oils from Shea Terra Organics (awesome company, by the way) I'll try those too.

Thank you, everyone, for responding.

Super Contributor

I like to say about Latisse specifically, "if you've always wanted brown eyes and excessive facial hair, you're set!" Cool

Even if I could afford it, I appreciate my green eye color, and have enough facial hair to deal with. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 wackers said:

I finally stopped taking Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin and Nails because I couldn't keep up with the hair and nail growth. Both my nails and hair typically grow pretty fast but that supplement put them on warp speed. It just got to be a hassle, especially with my nails. I like to keep them short and it was almost impossible to do without at least a weekly filing.

I miss the added growth on my lashes but they are really quite long on their own. They always have been long - many used to think I wore false lashes but never have. I liked the little bit of added volume. Now I use castor oil as many here recommended it and I use it on my brows too. I also have some Rapid lash that I apply when I remember - not sure I used it routinely enough to see any real benefits but that was more my fault.

Ditto; especially on my brows.

It's been proven to work (great reviews all over the 'Net as well), and it's right in line with my very tight budget.