Honored Contributor

Re: Let’s talk favorite foudation

@SurferWife   Long Wear Fluid Powder SPF 20.  I have normal skin and I have been using for about 3 years now.  This is for normal to oily skin.  You may want to take a look at Bobbi's Serum Foundation.  I know there are some ladies here that use it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   This foundation has built in skin care.  It's pricey but pick it up when Bobbi offers 30% off.  Read about it and see if you would be interested in this foundation,

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@nyc1 .....Oh yes, we can be weird together! I find it so much more efficient........and I also use mascara and blush, which, being very fair I would disappear without. LOL. I keep thinking I should use a little eyeshadow, but fear it somehow. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I have dry skin as well but use several hydrating products before my foundation and then a primer.  Hands down, Nars Light Reflecting Foundation. Runner up, Lancome Tient Idole.  3rd place, Kosas Revealer.

Pat McGrath Skin Fetish would probably be in my top 3 but the shade I bought is way too light and I've only worn it once.  I've got to get that exchanged before it's too late.  If you ever decide to try a tinted serum, Rose Inc.  Wow!  In fact, I think I'll wear this today. 

Respected Contributor

@RNbynite wrote:

@nyc1 .....Oh yes, we can be weird together! I find it so much more efficient........and I also use mascara and blush, which, being very fair I would disappear without. LOL. I keep thinking I should use a little eyeshadow, but fear it somehow. 

@RNbynite   Use whatever make you comfortable and happy.  I use shadow and liner.  I much prefer my look with it since it helps to define my eyes,  which is important.  PLAY...  if you have a pallette,  play with some of the colors.   Maybe start with a little in the crease of a neutral color.   Have fun!

Valued Contributor

Bobbi Brown foundation stick is my favorite. I like it because I can get sheer to medium coverage with it. I also like it because it's a really great color match for my medium tan complexion.  The Fenty beauty Eaze Drop skin tint is a close second. I like that it's easy to apply and gives me the no foundation look. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!  There are a few mentioned here that I'd like to try.  Thanks for taking the time to share the ones you love.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@LilLadyNJ 

If I didn't already have so many foundations, I'd like to give Bobbie Brown a try.  LOVE Fenty's Ease Drops.  Wore it just the other day but most all of my foundations have taken a backseat to the Nars Light Reflecting Foundation.  

Respected Contributor

I have been using Tower28 tinted sunscreen.  It has a lot of coverage and is a mineral sunscreen and a clean beauty product.  It does not break me out or look greasy.  I do add a dusting of powder over it  I got it at Sephora last time I was there.  It will settle in wrinkles but out of all the hundreds of foundations I have tried through the years I have yet to find one that does not settle in lines.  After my makeup is finished I take a Q tip and wipe it out of the wrinkles across forehead and the laugh lines.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

I like NARS formulas but I just can't find a good shade match. I loved the All Day Luminous foundation which I think is now discontinued. I do love the powder blushes and their lipsticks.