Honored Contributor

Re: Let's start a new group: Drugstore Beauty Lovers

Would be great if it will include paraben free stuff too! Woman Very Happy And we can let each other know that it is.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I think this is a great idea.  I'm down for whatever name you choose.  It was your idea.  Smiley Happy  There won't be a problem finding the thread as long as it stays active, and I think it will. There are a number of long standing threads and there are never issues with them being found.

I am more of a drugstore person than I am high end.  The majority of my high-end products, whether they be skincare or make-up, are in my collection because I subscribed to BoxyCharm.  I just canceled my subscription so as of June, I am done.  I just got overloaded with items, especially eyeshadow palettes.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kathie66 wrote:

@Squirrel Lover definitely interested in your new thread thank you for starting it! I watch Emily Noel on Youtube she frequently has videos on drugstore finds as well as a drugstore category in December when she does her best products of the year. She has suggested 2 primers by Hard Candy as her favorite primers this year. Hard Candy Soft Canvas Primer (a Tatcha dupe) and Hard Candy Hydrating Primer-12 hour Grip. I have the soft canvas but have not tried it yet, thought this would be helpful to share.

Also, Temptalia is a beauty blogger that has a dupe list that comes in handy. Especially if you like a certain blush or eyeshadow color. it is interesting to see what is similar.

Have a good week all!

@kathie66 , I really like Emily Noel.  She is one of the old school YouTubers but I have to say she does some of the prettiest eyeshadow looks.  

I love the fact that she does absolutely no sponsored videos.  Her views and opinions are her's alone.   She recently did a video using all of the Allure Best of Beauty products and she said people complain that they feel these Allure beauty awards are kind of a scam because these companies pay for ad space, therefore Allure picks them for top products.  Emily said "isn't that what YouTube is?  Sorry but it is."  And yes, that's exactly what it is. 

Many, many of these YouTubers get paid to make all the recommendations that they make.  I don't know if some people realize that and I can see how some can sit and watch all these videos and then fall for everything they are seeing.  A couple videos later the same YouTuber is recommendingsomething different because surprise, the video is being sponsored by the products she's recommending.  You never have to worry about that with Emily.     

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased La Roche Posay in Walgreens.  They make a facial cleanser that isn't bad, I'm pretty sure it is less than Dermalogica.  It comes in a pump bottle.

I have pretty bad luck with makeup from drugstores.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  the title of the group would appear in each new monthly thread, the same as it is for other similar type discussions.  There’s also the search bar for trying to narrow something down.  If that fails, there’s nothing stopping anyone from posting a new question on the board.

Respected Contributor

What a good idea. Smiley Happy There are a lot of good drugstore products out there. I have a few pricy items -my favorite upscale line is Skinn Cosmetics---but for the most part the few beauty items I do buy, especially my skincare, are from drugstores, Target, Walmart etc. My recent drugstore purchases were a Biore cleanser for combination skin and a Loreal hylaluronic acid serum and I'm happy with both. 

Respected Contributor

COUNT ME IN  !!  .. love this idea .... I vote for Drugstore Diva's

I like to buy a little upscale cosmetics .. but Cover Girl colors

match my skin color perfectly ....

I was checking stuff in Wal mart  last week and the selection

of ELF products looked great .... bought one of their Kabuki

bushes ... it was fine ....

Well anyway .. this sounds like fun ....Also .. we have had to

cut our expenses since hubby retired and our adult daughter

has had to move in with us ... and we are paying for her car

and health insurance ....sooooo ... I will enjoy this ...

THANKS !!!!

Super Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Squirrel Lover  IMO it's a great idea!  Your thread would belong right here in Beauty, obviously.

TFW someone who starts multiple new threads each day complains about 1 potential ongoing thread. Smiley LOL

So true!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your positive responses. It looks like "Drugstore Divas" is the title most of you like so I will start the first thread in June. 

"Drugstore Beauty" is a catchall phrase for all inexpensive beauty and makeup products that are bought not just in drugstores, but at Target, Walmart, the grocery store, etc. I don't just want to cover "dupes" I would like the conversation to be all-inclusive of less expensive skincare, makeup, and other beauty topics related to reducing our beauty budgets. I hope to hear from all of you then!

Edited: I am going to visit my parents from May 28th to June 6th so the first post for June will be posted early on this Thursday.

Respected Contributor

THANK YOU .. CAN'T WAIT ......: