Respected Contributor

Re: Let's start a new group: Drugstore Beauty Lovers

I love Maybelline's SNAP-Scara mascara: give me navy blue, please.

Honored Contributor

Okay so I have a couple of dud products to review.

I recently tried the newer ELF Lash It Loud mascara.  Initially I thought it was a nice mascara for the price.  I'm not sure what happened because nothing else about my make-up has changed but this stuff transfers on me something horrible.  I don't put mascara on my lower lashes but somehow this mascara ends up smeared all over under my eyes.

The second dud is the Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun mousse.  I bought the light bronze shade.  I should have known I wouldn't like this because I have always thought the Jergens gradual tanners had a horrendous smell.  This one was supposed to be different. The smell as it develops is horrible on me.  The "tan" is supposed to develop like other self-tanners but you have this hint of color while it develops.

The hint of color this was supposed to leave looked like nothing on my skin.  I got up this morning expecting to see some color and I noticed nothing but the nasty smell.  I can still smell this even after I showered.  Makes me angry because that's $11.50 down the drain.            

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've yet to try a certain styling cream, but my cousin has used the following styling product with some good results (though, already has a natural curl pattern to hair).  It's called Sgx Nyc Curl Power Nourishing Curl Cream.  The local target or walmart may have it.  One may consider using a hair styling diffuser with it and/or perhaps scrunching the hair (or just letting it air dry).  I'll let you all know about the results when I puchase and use it.  What I've been using for several years is Nexxus styling foam, which has a rather pleasant scent and seems to work okay with the natural wave.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a second Sonia Kashuk Professional Tapered Powder Makeup Brush No. 107 (available at Target).  I wasn't sure I liked the first one I bought, but I was having trouble getting my Milani bronzer to blend nicely, and tried that brush.  I love it with that bronzer!! 

The Milani bronzer is more pigmented than other drugstore bronzers, so needs a less dense brush if you want a lighter application.  I like to have 2 of my favorite brushes, so if one is drying after a wash I have another to use.

Brush:

Sonia Kashuk™ Professional Tapered Powder Makeup Brush No. 107 : Target

Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder, 02 Sun Kissed:

Milani Sun Kissed (02) Silky Matte Bronzing Powder Review & Swatches

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

I love the Milani bronzer too, although I have it in the lightest shade (sunlight) .  
I almost bought the Sonia Kushuk brush when I was in Target last week.  I think I will pick it up next time I'm out and give it a try. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Every now and then you actually DO find a miracle product or product line. 

I've found that miracle in The Ordinary and it's cheaper than most (if not all) drugstore products that promise to do the same thing.  I feel the same way about Tatcha too (miracle products).  I can't remember which drugstore product I tried recently to replace my Hourglass primer.  Didn't work.  Smelled and looked like an oil slick.  Returned it but found The Ordinary's primer and it seems to work great. I've only used it 2x.  Now I'm trying out an Aveeno Oat serum.  It tingled on my face last night for about an hour.  Not bad enough to remove it but  it did make me concerned.  I shouldn't have bought it.  What I'm doing is working.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Return it.  It didn't work as advertised.

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel 

I love the Milani bronzer too, although I have it in the lightest shade (sunlight) .  
I almost bought the Sonia Kushuk brush when I was in Target last week.  I think I will pick it up next time I'm out and give it a try. 

@Swedishmiss 

I have the smaller version as well and I use that for finishing powders when I feel like using a finishing powder.  It is called a blush brush, but I haven't tried using it with my blushes yet.

I would've bought the lightest bronzer shade, but the lightest shade is warmer than the medium shade.  So I went with the medium shade, because I knew it would suit me better.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Return it.  It didn't work as advertised.

@monicakm  - what product didn't work for you?

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  It seems some posters think this is the new DD thread. I don't know, is there's a way to get everyone over to the new one you started for June? 

I'm only saying this because I don't want to miss anyone's opinions.