Honored Contributor

Re: Let's start a new group: Drugstore Beauty Lovers

I honestly think some people, not all, have an idea in their head that because it's high-end it has to be better.  That's how they justify spending the money.  There are high-end products that there is simply no excuse for the price tag being charged.    

I have bought high-end products that are horrible and I've bought drugstore that is horrible.  I've had nice high-end and I've had nice drugstore.  I have some drugstore items that I prefer to high-end.  Drugstore make-up has come a very, very long way.  There are still some categories though that need more work.

The only way a drugstore thread will get shut down by QVC is if people start posting links to outside sites with these drugstore products.  And there would be no reason for someone to do that.   I also hope people who are strictly into high-end or mostly high-end makeup don't ruin the thread.

Regular Contributor

What a fabulous idea to start a thread with more affordable beauty and/or skin care items.  I also like the "Drugstore Divas" name. 

I've used Cetaphil gentle skin (cream) cleanser for years, which doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin - knock wood, lol.  (Just an fyi that the facial *cream* cleanser is supposed to be more for those with dry skin, and the *foam* cleanser is supposed to be geared towards people with more oily complexions.)

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I like Drugstore Divas....I had not been in a Target for a very long time.  I was so surprised at their beauty section.  A lot of the products that we know of and a lot of new brands and natural products.  

Trusted Contributor

I have a beauty question for you beauties who might have my same problem.  I've tried all sorts of cosmetics, serums, etc. to get rid of, or at least cover up undereye bags!!

I am not talking about a tiny puffiness, I have huge bags!!

They make me look older, more tired and sleepy!!!

If anyone has "discovered" something that I can cover them with, I would appreciate it.  I've given up on them going away, but at least maybe I can cover them.  The dermablend deal that appears to shrink them down is uncomfortable and wears off after 4 or 5 hours.  Plus it is now about $50 for a tiny bottle.  Anyway, thanks in advance for your answers!

Suzie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

I have a beauty question for you beauties who might have my same problem.  I've tried all sorts of cosmetics, serums, etc. to get rid of, or at least cover up undereye bags!!

I am not talking about a tiny puffiness, I have huge bags!!

They make me look older, more tired and sleepy!!!

If anyone has "discovered" something that I can cover them with, I would appreciate it.  I've given up on them going away, but at least maybe I can cover them.  The dermablend deal that appears to shrink them down is uncomfortable and wears off after 4 or 5 hours.  Plus it is now about $50 for a tiny bottle.  Anyway, thanks in advance for your answers!

Suzie

@123SuzyQ123  IMO, you can’t really cover the bags since they are loose droopy skin.  The best thing you can do, again IMO, is to use a light hand with a small amount of concealer one shade lighter than your foundation, to hide any shadowing.  Tap it i with a dampened beauty blender or your ring finger.

If you’re willing to try one more thing, I’d suggest the QRx Eye Perfect Elixir.  There’s a 20% off sale on their website right now and it’s also available on Amazon.  It’s an effective product line that doesn’t break the bank. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch    Thank you for that tip!  I will give the QRx a try!!

Frequent Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

On another thread entitled "what did you use up this week?" I commented that I am interested in focusing on moving away from high-end cosmetics and beauty products because I read financial planning articles that it is wise to start budgeting and downsizing your budget as you are getting ready to retire.  My husband and I are on track to retire in three to five years, depending on how long he wants to stay in his high-stress job.  

I am a high-end beauty snob. I always equated the price of a  beauty product with its quality and efficaciousness; however,  I have been reading many beauty blogs and articles on drugstore beauty including the quality, efficaciousness, performance, and how they feel compared to high-end beauty brands. There is so much information out there! I have found dozens of Dupes (duplicates) of many high-end beauty products out there at a fraction of the cost. I have discovered youtube as a resource as well and it has been invaluable.

I received several likes on this topic. Several women here feel the same way. So, I propose we start a monthly thread about drugstore beauty and how we are going to make the switch. I would like to name the thread something fun. If this appeals to you please comment below on what we can call this monthly thread. I am not creative so I am hoping that one of you will provide the best name. All I can think of is Drugstore Divas or Drugstore Beauty News.

I've BEEN a Drugstore Diva since I was a teenager....so count me in.  😝

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To me the way to save is simply to buy less.  Try to get trial kits, find things you like and stick with it if it works.

Don't fall for every new thing, better thing, or look for a miracle product--there aren't any.  If there are, we will know it. 

If you are buying inexpensive products and constantly trying new ones, you aren't saving money.  

This is a message to me and others!  Woman Very Happy