Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Let's start a new group: Drugstore Beauty Lovers

BTW, Drugstore Divas is a cute name. 

Regular Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  I LOVE this idea.  I was just thinking the other day how much I enjoy the threads where people comment on their drugstore finds.  I've tried many.  Sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't, but at least I haven't wasted much in trying them.  As far as a name, Dupe Divas?

Honored Contributor

For several years I collected all sorts of products from QVC, department stores and high-end websites.  Then we had a housefire two years ago and I had to pitch all the fragrances, lotions, creams, shampoos, conditioners and cosmetics.

I decided then that I would start using products that I could buy locally and were carried by grocery or "box" stores.

I'd definitely support a thread like this.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Squirrel Lover 

I like your names!  I know I should be buying less spendy beauty products but there IS a difference.  Just no doubt in my mind.  But, I will most definitely be reading the posts Smiley Happy  Would love to find a dupe for Tatcha Rice Wash and her Rice Polish.  A drugstore dupe for snail snot.  A drugstore dupe for all things Glow Recipe.  Setting sprays and foundation...maybe.  Blush, most likely.  I buy my lashes from WM.  Highlighter, probably.  Lipgloss...I can't.  I can't give up my Too Faced Rich and Dazzling glosses.  Interesting concept!  I'm in Smiley Happy

@monicakm every time I read your "snail snot" I literally lol... 😄 DH will roll his eyes and say, "the things women will put on their faces". 😂

Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover I'm in! Love the concept! How about Dupe Dolls?

Honored Contributor

Hey, my whole family rolls their eyes and some of them gag when I mention snail snot (it's really called snail mucin but snot is so much more fun to say).

It's really REALLY a good humectant.  Korean beauty has been using it for centuries.

Regular Visitor

How about # Equa for Less l 

Super Contributor

@Squirrel Lover   Great idea,  I really like Drugstrore Divas.

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover definitely interested in your new thread thank you for starting it! I watch Emily Noel on Youtube she frequently has videos on drugstore finds as well as a drugstore category in December when she does her best products of the year. She has suggested 2 primers by Hard Candy as her favorite primers this year. Hard Candy Soft Canvas Primer (a Tatcha dupe) and Hard Candy Hydrating Primer-12 hour Grip. I have the soft canvas but have not tried it yet, thought this would be helpful to share.

Also, Temptalia is a beauty blogger that has a dupe list that comes in handy. Especially if you like a certain blush or eyeshadow color. it is interesting to see what is similar.

Have a good week all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Valued Contributor

I love this idea!  Drugstore cosmetics and skincare have come a long way and it's a great way to save money.  I have so much makeup now, I'm not buying until I pare down my stash but I'd love some new ideas!