Honored Contributor

Re: Let’s share what we do to save our skin/hair from winter woes

[ Edited ]

@joannecha

My scalp tends to get dry with the winter weather so I use a white vinegar/water (50/50) rinse on my hair. I’ll use it for a week or so until I’m sure everything is back to normal.

I use Ion Luxe Opulent Oil Cream on the length of my hair (not at the scalp) after shampooing. It helps to tame my hair and keep it from sticking out.

I use different things for my skin. I sometimes use an oil only on my skin as a night treatment, sometimes I just a balm on dry spots. I use Dr Wang’s Herbal Rescue Balm & that helps, too. 

Honored Contributor

I never go outside w/o makeup .... so there is always some protection no matter what the weather.

The only thing I do in the winter ... if I feel like my face is "chapped" after I've been outside in the cold and wind - I use a bit of Noxzema.  

If it's cold - my head is covered.  No issues with my hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep my hair very short, so I just use WEN and the WEN Hair Mask once a week. I do need to get a humidifier though, our house is very dry in the winter. I use Isomers and philosophy on my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

My Winter routine doesn't differ much from my year round. I do weekly/biweekly Wen oil scalp treatments as well as weekly overnight remoist treatments.  I use the Wen body cleanser which doesn't lather on skin and follow it up with either the treatment oil or the new Wen dry oil and cap it off with the Wen nourishing body treatment.  I use the treatment oil on my nails nightly as well.  Also use a humidifier and drink lots of water.

Honored Contributor

I do a few different things.  For hair I love Josie Maran's Hair Serum and from Acure Organics I love their Hydrating shampoo.  For skin Argan Milk at bedtime with Josie's Divine Drip.  Or I will use Argan Milk and Citrus argan oil and sometimes use Marula oil by Acure.  I exfoliate my lips and place a moisturizing product on.  No chapped skin here and my hair if soft and shining.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have dry, sensitive skin so for me, winter is no different than any other time of the year.

I do try and moisturze my hands more with a heavier lotion as they get dryer.  Just bought a tube of O'Keef, but haven't tried it yet.  As for body, I always use the Eucerin oily shower product and CeraVe, either cream or lotion.

My hair --- don't blow dry.  Always use conditioner and ocasionally will use a serum to keep the frizz at bay!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

We have a humidifier on our furnace couldn't be without one. Actually when we built our house in 1982, it was my husband's idea. He literally couldn't breathe at night in our other house. My daughter was 3 at the time and had the same issues. I have always suffered with dry skin so never thought much about having one installed. This is amazing. We control the setting but it puts moisture back into the air. No more static electricity, breathing problems and my skin is better. Of course, I still have to moisturize from head to toe but a humidifer is a necessity.