Honored Contributor

Let's have some Fun (for women that wear makeup)

If you had to give up one item of makeup when you are going out during the day what would that one item be?

1.  Mine would be mascara.  I love my tinted moisturizer, blush (need color) and lipstick. and maybe use the Cavier stick and smudge under the eyes.

If you had to give up one nightly product what would it be?

2.  I would give up the moisturizer and stick to my oils.  I use either Citrus Argan oil by Acure Organics (this oil is so uplifting) or Marula oil.   Cat TongueHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Let's have some Fun (for women that wear makeup)

Hmmm.

Daytime makeup: could give up my brow pencil. I like the effect but it is subtle. If I went without mascara, oh boy, not a subtle difference. If I had to, could give up eyeliner. But lip color and mascara are needed most of the time. I look soooo much healthier and awake with them on.

Nighttime product: false eyelashes. Just kidding. I could give up my lash serum. Or I could give up my neck serum since I think my face stuff probably does a good enough job on that area.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

LOL - I wouldn't give up a thing! I'm retired and in to basics: a little serum, moisturizer, light foundation, a bit of eye shadow, blush, mascara, a little eyeliner and some lipstick! I no longer have scads of makeup - just buy the things I wear daily! My night routine is Cetaphil cleanser, Dr. Denese firming facial pads and her moisturizer. Nothing to give up there either!

Honored Contributor

1.  I could get by w/o lipstck.  My lips still have a good color.  And, my lipstick is the same color as my lips.

2.  I only wash my face before I go to bed ... never used anything at night.  I'm not about to give up washing my face (and brushing my teeth!).

Esteemed Contributor

Day

Lipstick

Night

Lotion

Actually @Katcat1 I might be cheating because my lips and brows have good color so it is easy to pass...

and I really only like serums so it is an easy pass for me with lotions and oils.

Honored Contributor

I'm retired so I've already given up foundation and most days eyeliner.. Use oil or serum, moisturizer, blush, mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick.

Nothing to give up at night.

I've scaled back a lot these past two years. The key is to use good skin care products. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I gave up mascara a long time ago for those days that I'm heading to work.  I don't want to get more wrinkles trying to rub off the mascara before going to bed and I'm not trying to impress anyone with my looks when I'm at work...LOL. 

For the weekend, I layer on the mascara, since it really opens up my eyes.

I can't go without eyebrow pencil any time I leave the house - it really defines my eyes, and makes me look more awake if I have the brows filled in.

At night...I forget to put the serum on - usually since I have only a minimal amount of makeup on anyway, I just use a Beekman 1802 wipe to clean off the grime and head to bed.

Interesting topic!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Day time would be lipstick/lip gloss or blush. I forget blush most of the time anyway. 

Night lotions or creams.

I have really cot down on makeup. t I believe people notice your looks less when you are older. I also realize that I really dress and wear makeup for me, and I am more minimalist now adays. lol

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I would give up mascara in the daytime.

I would give up moisturizers at night as I don't like particularly like them on my face.

Respected Contributor

I could give up lipstick but not lip balm.

At night I could just use moisture cream and for-go the extra serum.