Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's have some Fun (for women that wear makeup)

@Katcat1

Daytime: mascara for sure, and 6 daysof the week, no foundation.

if for a week. My skin priority is taken very seriously...............!

Nights:

no water and cleanser: I use a mild witch hazel with soft cotton square. My skin is very good. I just use very little of anything; always have.  [guess that's my secret]. The "STUFF" just deteriorates the skin- PERIOD.

I am ONE HUNDRED -__never > miss my skin cream care routine.

My opinion: Most women over wash their skin too much. We do not need all the HYPER sales pitch needing every thing new.

BUT! it does makes someone castle house come true.

,,,,,,,and I certainly can understand the need to keep skin cleanER, free of oily bacteria. That would be my only retraction, especially for teens. 

No one has sold me a bill of goods that there are pigs that fly. Can't do!

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@Katcat1  I gave up mascara a long time ago for those days that I'm heading to work.  I don't want to get more wrinkles trying to rub off the mascara before going to bed and I'm not trying to impress anyone with my looks when I'm at work...LOL. 

For the weekend, I layer on the mascara, since it really opens up my eyes.

I can't go without eyebrow pencil any time I leave the house - it really defines my eyes, and makes me look more awake if I have the brows filled in.

At night...I forget to put the serum on - usually since I have only a minimal amount of makeup on anyway, I just use a Beekman 1802 wipe to clean off the grime and head to bed.

Interesting topic!

@CAcableGirl2Have you ever tried tube mascara? I have used Blinc for years. It comes off with cleanser and water. No pulling on the skin around the eyes. Just wet and slide the little tubes off.

Respected Contributor

I will check it out.  

I can't tell you how much "face cream", "eye cream", serum, etc... that I've bought over the years that I never used.  All that money could have bought me an eye lift by now.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

Daytime, I'd give up highlighter. I skip it often anyway.

Nighttime, I've already given up AHA. I had the flu last month & was very sick for twenty days and only washed my face and used the First Aide Beauty cream from the TSV (end of November?) & my skin looked even better. (I still use BHA in the morning.)

Regular Contributor

Daytime: brow pencil

Nighttime: eye cream- i think my serum and oil probably do enough

Honored Contributor

wrote:

If you had to give up one item of makeup when you are going out during the day what would that one item be?

1.  Mine would be mascara.  I love my tinted moisturizer, blush (need color) and lipstick. and maybe use the Cavier stick and smudge under the eyes.

If you had to give up one nightly product what would it be?

2.  I would give up the moisturizer and stick to my oils.  I use either Citrus Argan oil by Acure Organics (this oil is so uplifting) or Marula oil.   Cat TongueHeart

@Katcat1  Wow, this is a tough one!

Daytime:  I could live w/o my liner as long as I had my 

mascara

Nightly Product:  assuming you mean skincare, I’d give up

my Bare Escentuals Ageless Genius Neck

Cream....works great, but could get by in

in a pinch w/ reg. moisturizer + oil.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Katcat1  I gave up mascara a long time ago for those days that I'm heading to work.  I don't want to get more wrinkles trying to rub off the mascara before going to bed and I'm not trying to impress anyone with my looks when I'm at work...LOL. 

For the weekend, I layer on the mascara, since it really opens up my eyes.

I can't go without eyebrow pencil any time I leave the house - it really defines my eyes, and makes me look more awake if I have the brows filled in.

At night...I forget to put the serum on - usually since I have only a minimal amount of makeup on anyway, I just use a Beekman 1802 wipe to clean off the grime and head to bed.

Interesting topic!

@CAcableGirl2  When using an eye makeup remover, I first dampen the cotton pad in warm water & then add the mover. Hold it against your closed eye for several seconds and most mascaras come off w/o tugging. I gave up waterproof mascara long ago because of the difficulty in removal.

Honored Contributor

I only wear the most basic of skin care and makeup so , since there is nothing extra , there is nothing I could give up.

Honored Contributor

O.k. For me the one makeup item I would give up would be Blush.

The Nighttime item would be nightime moisturizer, my nightime Serum would be enough.....

Respected Contributor

I could give up mascara easily

And since I don't wear it usually, I could give up my make-up remover pads and just use my Clinique soap to wash it off.  I would not give up any of my night time moistureizers as I really only use the minimum, but I do it religiously

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it