Respected Contributor

Let's chat everything "Beauty"...........

Everything "Beauty" make-up, skin care, favorites, not favorites, tips, what worked, what didn't.......💆💇💅
Respected Contributor

Re: Let's chat everything "Beauty"...........

My favorite tip is: keep baby wipes in your beauty kit. After applying make-up with your make-up brushes, swipe your brushes over a baby wipe several times. Just do this until you can give them a deep cleaning. 😃💐
Respected Contributor

I'm 64 (65 in Aug) I suffered from Hormonal Acne for years, nothing cleared my skin, lots of acne marks.  From online research and trial and error I found out that milk (even skim), cheese and peanut butter was causing my breakouts. I also found out from my MD that a water pill called Spironolactone stops the acne causing hormone. Now with changing to almond milk, once a day  med, using Clean and Clear daily scrub with a little Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic acid wash twice a day, my skin is clear, baby soft, no more acne.  I have been told I look more like a 40 yo. I also use a PTR weekly peel. That's my routine. I'm not suggesting that pill will help others just providing what helped me

Contributor

I like to try different things for beauty routines.  One of the many reasons I have always liked to come to the "Beauty Banter' and read what all of these lovely ladies come to share.  Well, for me, I found that my skin was getting a lot of compliments a while back, which is something I never had happen in my life.  Then my skin started to come back with discolorations again.  So I started to think... what have I changed that affected it so dramatically?  I change so many things, it really made me think hard.  What had I stuck with that had made such a difference in the clarity of my skin?  Well, it finally hit me.  The Retinol I was still using, so it wasn't that keeping my skin free from the proverbial 'sun / age spots'.  So voila'!  I had it... Vitamin C!  I started back using it every morning, and it didn't take long at all, and my skin started clearing up to that pretty, clear look again... Face, neck, chest and the back of my hands!  YEAH!   Hope that helps someone else too.  I know everyone's skin is different, but this really made a big difference for me.

Honored Contributor

I look forward to keeping up with this thread as I enjoy everything beauty! Smiley Happy

I will post more later when I have more time.

Thanks for starting this fun thread!

Respected Contributor

Hello, Save the Whales. Smiley Happy

I'm so glad you started this thread, because.... Smiley Very Happy

*pulls a 5 inch thick folder detailing all of Nick Chavez' products, how they work and which ones will work the best for each hair type*

Heh heh.....just kidding....sort of. Smiley LOL

Anyway, I've found that using Nick's Velvet Mesquite Styling Gel helps me to use less of Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum, since both are moisturizing. So the Velvet Mesquite Serum lasts longer.

A good tip: Don't brush your hair from the root and work your way down. You'll end of pulling out more hair with the brush. Brush your hair from the ends and then work your way up to the root. The brush won't get caught as much in your hair and you'll end of losing less hair.

Another tip: Don't plop shampoo on top of your hair. Pour the shampoo in your hand, rub it together a little and then work it through your scalp and then the rest of your hair. You'll end up with cleaner scalp and you'll end up using less shampoo.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

"Giving this another try!" 😳😁for some reason when I post I "kill" the whole thread........😩