Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's all get together and criticize all of the hosts because they

I met Jacque Gonzales at a Girlfriends Weekend a couple years ago. She said that her husband reads the forum and warns her whether to read it or not.  She made the comment that the crude and mean remarks hurt her.

I miss Jacque.  She was down to earth and a VERY nice woman.  She is also beautiful......natural beauty.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

It's part of being on TV or in the movies.  People (general public) will always have comments.  However, down right mean and vicious is not acceptable.

Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

It might happen because people are in front of the public but that doesn't excuse people's terrible manners and consciously or ignorantly lowering the level of discourse. Why people think their criticism, "constructive" [ really? ] or otherwise, should effect change is beyond me. It is really so arrogant to tear these people down or comment negatively on their appearance. 

I have done it myself in the past but realized that perfection is unattainable for all of us and my idea of how someone else should look is just an expression of my own arrogance. I guarantee no one writing mean things about these hosts looks perfect either. How does this criticism make the world better? Maybe it is just negativity for negativity's sake - that benefits no one and especially not the poster. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your post. Yep -- don't get it, either. Of all the creatures roaming the earth I find people to be the most annoying! However, as soon as I criticize someone's choice or performance -- boom! Something happens that puts me in my place. I have a short leash. I grew up in an angry, negative environment and learned the tough way over the years to go with grace and keep balance and peace in my life. I guess that would fall under DO NO HARM. Having said all of that -- Life can be frustrating. I do understand how people can embrace negative mindsets that spill over into their everyday lives.

I love what Neville Goddard says about this -- A CHANGE OF ATTITUDE IS A CHANGE OF DESTINY.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And I would like to see the hosts do what some of us do for a living!  I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

I'm not a fan of anyone bashing the hosts for something out of their control like their ears, etc.  But I see nothing wrong with criticizing a host for something we, as viewers and paying customers, feel they are doing wrong. 

I also don't get where a poster thinks it's okay to defend a host or vendor but rip into other posters. 

The word bashing is way over used and some posters think no one should be allowed to post anything that is all unicorns and rainbows.   

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I can't imagine what it would be like to work for a company that hosts a website where its workers are relentlessly criticized day in and day out.  The hosts post blogs on this site, so you know they're probably reading some of the stuff that's being posted here.

I think there are social media assistants who post the blogs for at least some of them.  I've been told by several customer service reps and a few people at corporate that QVC employees have been told not to post or read here in the forums.  

I'm pretty sure those blogs are submitted for review and then posted by QVC.  I don't think the hosts are logging in and posting those blogs. 

If the hosts read this board, I'm not sure why.  I think they have enough negative going on with their own social media pages.  I have heard several of the hosts on air say that they are the ones who post on their FB pages and see some of the mean things posted and it hurts their feelings.

I do wonder why QVC lets some of the stuff go that they do on social media.  Yesterday I was sitting outside tooling around various pages on FB.  I went to QVC's FB page and scrolled through.  There was a photo of Shawn with her new darker hair.  THe first comment as I glanced down was negative so I continued to read.  So many of the comments were absolutely horrible, I couldn't believe QVC would leave them up, on their own FB page!!!!  Why would they let that happen?     

Contributor

You can't please everyone all of the time, they say. Personally, I buy a product because I like it; not because a host tells me to. There are a few, however, that I will turn off due to over dramatic performances, at which point I go online to shop. My preference. I have noticed that many negative comments regarding hosts are "removed." Don't know about you, but when a host leaves, or is out for an extended period of time, I really don't miss them. Outta sight, outta mind. The show simply goes on.

Esteemed Contributor

Why is this post in Beauty? 

Anyway, I think certain criticisms of hosts is fair. As long as they don't get personal...saying they talk too rapidly or don't focus on product is fair.  Talking of weight,looks etc..not fair. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Sometimes the criticism is warranted like stop talking so fast, loud and talking over people etc .. Truly if it bothers people they don't have to read the posts. Seems to me like if one is bothered buy it but constantly reading the posts they want to be irritated. These people are on tv if they can't handle the criticism they should get a different job. 

Regular Contributor

I agree if you don't like a host, then don't watch them. Lately I think some of the vendors are hard to watch as they are so pushy & hard sell!