Honored Contributor

Re: Let’s Talk about Eyeliners

@SurferWife  - Please come back with a review if you try some new eyeliners.  Would love to hear your recommendations. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife  I'm with Shanus on this one.  I use the UD in Smoke and BB longwear gel liners in Graphite Shimmer and Black Mauve Shimmer.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

I've never been a pencil eyeliner gal and lately I've given up on them.  They dry out.  I just tried liquid for the first time in my life and loved it.  The second time I used it we were going out and to my horror, my eyelashes were stuck together, like glue.  I couldn't even  apply mascara.  Besides going to false lashes, does anyone know how to keep it off the base of your eyelashes when you apply it? TIA @Shelbelle @SurferWife

@decaf , I'm not understanding about the eyelashes sticking together.  I always run all my eyeliners along the lash line and never have a problem with the lashes sticking together.  I like to do a pencil first and then follow up with a liquid on top of that, but both go along the lash line against the lashes.  I only use a pencil on my lower lash line, on the inside right along the ridge where the lashes emerge.  I can almost to that by feel.

Respected Contributor

@decaf I have never had the liner get into my lashes like that. 

Is it a felt tip type? So the tip is wider & would get into your lashes if you tried to get really close. That would be frustrating. 

Try using just the very tip of the applicator, or wipe some product off before you apply or use an angled brush to get some of the product on that & use it to apply along the lashline.

Respected Contributor

I am 68 and my lids are now a little wrinkled so liners look awful and harsh. For me, I have found dark eyeshadow wet or dry work best. I find I have more control and a softer look.

Honored Contributor

Used my Laura Geller Kajal eyeliners this morning and remembered how much I love them.  Tightlined and used on lower lash line.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@decaf wrote:

I've never been a pencil eyeliner gal and lately I've given up on them.  They dry out.  I just tried liquid for the first time in my life and loved it.  The second time I used it we were going out and to my horror, my eyelashes were stuck together, like glue.  I couldn't even  apply mascara.  Besides going to false lashes, does anyone know how to keep it off the base of your eyelashes when you apply it? TIA @Shelbelle @SurferWife

@decaf , I'm not understanding about the eyelashes sticking together.  I always run all my eyeliners along the lash line and never have a problem with the lashes sticking together.  I like to do a pencil first and then follow up with a liquid on top of that, but both go along the lash line against the lashes.  I only use a pencil on my lower lash line, on the inside right along the ridge where the lashes emerge.  I can almost to that by feel.

@Icegoddess  My first thought was I used too much but I had wiped off the excess  against the inner edge of the bottle before I applied it,  just like you'd do with nail polish.  I was curiouse so I googled it  and many other women had been asking for help with the same issue but no one had  posted a solution on any of the sites I read.  I haven't tried it since so I just wondering if someone here had the same issue or any suggestions.  Thanks for replying.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@decaf I have never had the liner get into my lashes like that. 

Is it a felt tip type? So the tip is wider & would get into your lashes if you tried to get really close. That would be frustrating. 

Try using just the very tip of the applicator, or wipe some product off before you apply or use an angled brush to get some of the product on that & use it to apply along the lashline.

@Dusty1  It was regular liquid in the little bottle. I wiped off the excess against the inner edge of the bottle. I'm not alone, I googled this and other women are looking for help with this also but no good solutions were posted.   I like your suggestion about putting some on an angled eyeliner brush and applying it that way.  Great idea, I'll try that, thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

The one eyeliner that I buy again and again is Lancome Artliner. Yes, it is expensive but I have never found anything as good and easy to apply as this product. It has been around forever and is considered a cult classic for good reason.

Valued Contributor

My favorite is Thrive Causemetics.