Honored Contributor

Let’s Talk about Eyeliners

I ❤️ liquid liners, but I have yet to find a pencil that glides on easily & doesn't pull or tug.  Any suggestions?  I prefer prestige brands to drugstore brands but am open to ALL suggestions.  Tanks in advance!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Let’s Talk about Eyeliners

Only liquid on the top lid for me too, pencil on the bottom rim. i really prefer a thin brush to a felt tip but they are getting very hard to find. I usually find good prices on ebay for Revlon, L'Oreal and Cover Girl. 
As I got older i dont use black anymore, just charcoal grey, navy, deep purple and a dark green to make my eyes pop. also, NYX is a good one, 

Respected Contributor

I really like Loreal Le Liner.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife  I really like the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencils. I have three of them, a bronze color, olive green and grey. No pulling or tugging. Their color names are weird. Like Desperation and Mildew. I got them at Ulta and when I need a new Navy, I'm getting that brand.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Only liquid on the top lid for me too, pencil on the bottom rim. i really prefer a thin brush to a felt tip but they are getting very hard to find. I usually find good prices on ebay for Revlon, L'Oreal and Cover Girl. 
As I got older i dont use black anymore, just charcoal grey, navy, deep purple and a dark green to make my eyes pop. also, NYX is a good one, 

@Shelbelle I'm with you on the thn brush vs felt tip.  To add to that, it seems to be more difficult to find them in colors other than black.  

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@SurferWife  I really like the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencils. I have three of them, a bronze color, olive green and grey. No pulling or tugging. Their color names are weird. Like Desperation and Mildew. I got them at Ulta and when I need a new Navy, I'm getting that brand.

@NEvans2 

Funny you mention Urban Decay.  I use UD lip pencils & it is my favorite brand.  I didn't think to try the eye pencils, but I'll check into them now!  Thanks!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

Yes I agree- Urban Decay 24/7 liners are great. Smooth and they do glide on. ALso they are the traditional pencil that you can sharpen. Tip- Put in the refrigerator for at least a half hour even longer- when they are chilled they sharpen better.  

Regular Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@NEvans2 wrote:

@NEvans2 

Funny you mention Urban Decay.  I use UD lip pencils & it is my favorite brand.  I didn't think to try the eye pencils, but I'll check into them now!  Thanks!

Yes Desperation is the Brown color- very nice not red at all- I also use the smoke (grey) pencil , the Black Market (soft black) ...all good.

Respected Contributor

I’ve worn Ulta Collection automatic eye liner pencils for years.
Respected Contributor

I recently got onto Laura Geller Kohl Eyeliners and haven't looked back!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield