Honored Contributor

Re: Let’s Talk Eyelid Primer

@SurferWife - I don't think anyone recommended Anastasia's. After trying UD's and LG's, I tried this and love it!  I get the mini size and it's lasted a long time. You only need a very small dot for both eyes.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife  

Yet another vote for "Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP)..original, altho I want to try the other "versions" of this  (ex  "Anti-Aging UDPP, or Colors)

EXAMPLE:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Original - Award-Winning Nude Eye Primer for Crease-Free Eyeshadow & Makeup Looks - Lasts All Day - Great for Oily Lids - 0.33 fl oz

(3,221 ratings)  (~ 4.7 Rating)  (~$20) Amz

~~~~  These are Other choices of UDPP ..

~~~~  2nd Choice ~~~~~

As alternative, I think I tried "Too Faced 'Shadow Insurance'" that *passed the test* also, if in the event I can't find UDPP anymore (which I seem to be able to find, so far..) 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer 0.35 OZ  

(2,298 ratings) ..( ~4.7+ rating)  ($27.50)  Amz

~~~~~  AKA  ~~~~~

"Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eyeshadow Primer 0.35 oz  

(244 ratings)  (~4.7 rating)   ($21.00) Amz

@SurferWife   Good Luck.. HAPPY SHOPPING!!   Pls consider letting us know what you tried/selected.  Woman Happy

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Trusted Contributor

I have tried so many primers (high end/drugstore) and been disappointed with all of them except the one from Carmindy Beauty.  I tried it not really expecting much.

It's supposed to be moisturizing which it is and glides on my lids.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it runs out. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

ELF Shadowlock eyelid primer. It's not dry and holds eyeshadow in place.  Their putty primer can also be used for eyelids, but I haven't tried that. 

I just read on another thread that it's okay to use Elf's putty primer on eyelids.  I've got some that I don't really care for and I'm going to try it on my lids.  

@San Antonio Gal 

I have the e.l.f. Putty primer, too.  I will try it & see how well it works with my eyeshadow.

Others have also made some really good suggestions, too, that I may try as well.  Many have suggested Urban Decay, but I have tried it & it worked almost too good, if that makes sense.  It makes clean-up a challenge!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

Thanks for your suggestions!  I've used both you suggested (Urban Decay & Too Faced); in fact I am currently using Too Faced and it does a good job, but I'm always open to trying others, too.  I'm starting to run low on it, which is what prompted me to start this thread.

With Urban Decay, if I make a mess with my eyeshadow, I can't clean it up neatly.  Not that I'm sloppy, but that is one thing I remember when using it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Two.  Fenty and Nars.  I thought Juvia's Place was headed for the trash but it was user error.  I was using too much.  Still, I don't use it because the Fenty and Nars eye primers are so much better.

@monicakm 

The NARS one has my attention, especially since I ordered the NARS foundation (which I am eagerly awaiting).  If I like it as much as I'm expecting to like it, I think I'll try the eyelid primer.

Valued Contributor

I used so many and for a while now I use concealer and it works fine.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I have a Belk's 15 min. away, but almost always order online to get a full selection of sizes and colors in clothing.

Sometimes the stores don't have all colors or items of beauty products.

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for vote for Too Faced Shadow Insurance!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Our trip to the city lasted sooooo much longer than I thought it would that Belk never entered my mind.  Knees were on fire when I got home last night.  Took off my makeup, put on my night face, took two pain pills and went to bed before dark!