Trusted Contributor

Let's Name Our Holy Grails (Again)

[ Edited ]

My holy grails sometimes ebb and flow and I do sometimes find better, even if I used something for a long time.  I also sometimes come back to an old friend. 

So that's the spirit of this question and thread.  I want to know:

1. What are your tried and trues from way back? that you never deviate from?

2.  What did you bail on only to come back to it?  (why? what happened there? LOL)

3. What's your newest holy grails?

PS.  I know.  I know.  Some of you are boo hoo-ers that complain this is done to death. But I'm not asking you. LOL

1.  I always use and buy Micellar Water.  The Garnier in the blue bottle.  It's great for make up remover and to clean brushes

2.  I recently came back to bare minerals and ponds cold cream!!! (Bare Minerals used to make me itch.  I got too good for Ponds Lol. )  I am not full on with the Bare Minerals, but I really like the bisque, the well rested and the radiance (as blush}.  Ponds is a great one step make up remover and night moisturizer for me.  

3.  My new favorite thing is the Tula Dual Treament Pads.  I gave my review in the what did you buy thread this week.  Excellnt Exfoliation!! 

Thanks for chatting.  I look forward to the responses.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Name Our Holy Grails (Again)

I still use Purity to get off my makeup.

I love Bobbie Brown Intensive Serum Fondation because of the color and the thin coverage.

Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Foundation SPF 30

I LOVE Clinique lipstick!

Respected Contributor

Max Factor panstick makeup. It is no longer available in the US, but I buy on eBay. 

Pears bar soap I buy at the dollar store. 

Honored Contributor

@justashopper - what a fun thread!  Looking forward to seeing what everyone posts.  Who knows, one might find some new treasures!

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with 30spf.  Have used this for years.  

Elemis Pro Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream - starting using this in January or February of this year and haven't looked back.  It's expensive and right now have it at a TSV auto delivery price.  Once thats over, I don't know if I'll be able to continue but for now, it's a holy grail!

L'Oreal Voluminous mascara - have tried others but this is my one true mascara.

SKINN Cosmetics - Morning and evening cleansers and DermaPeel.  Have only been using these since May but they have quickly become a holy grail.  

Milani - eyeshadow primer.  Been using it for a long time.  Once I discovered it, I never looked back.  Don't use anything else.

There may be more that I'm not thinking of at the moment but these are what come to mind first.

Respected Contributor

Estee Lauder double wear foundation.

Gimme brow brown brush.

Lancome definicials mascara.

Dr. D hydroshield serum.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @ECBG 

I feel like I need to give Bobbie Brown a look-see.  I am old enough to remember when she took over the make up world in the 90's.  Her make up, the packaging, colors were so chic and totally different than what anyone else was doing. Brown lipstick that actually looked good on me!  LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG @Bhvbum Panstick and pan cake make up! I loved both. 

Max factor also sold a great mascara.  The brush was a comb on one side, brush on the other and the tip had special edge, too.  

I miss Max Factor. I liked a lot of the products.  

Thank you for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @JudyL 

Thanks for sharing. 

I have often wanted to try Elemis and wondered if it really lived up to the hype.  Same with the other brands you mentioned that I have NEVER tried but heard about on these boards-- Paula's, Skinn, Milani.  

I probably have a sample of the Elemis somewhere around here.  LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I am [still] fascinated with ingredients and what they can [and cannot] do. There are always substitutes that accomplishes the same thing.

What I think is important for me to use all the time is:

L-ascorbic acid vitamin C, AHAs, & retinol by way of skincare. A great cleanser favorite is Victoria Principal's.

My favorite brow is Tarte's Sugar Rush; favorite makeup powder is Bye-Bye Pores w/ silk.

Probably my longest running is the VP cleanser. Next would be Alpha AHA 12% lotion.

@justashopper  I like how you put it: ebb & flow. Moisturizers for me have done just that, along with lip colors.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @spumoni99 

True Holy Grails & OGs there! 

Thanks for sharing.