Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's Name Our Holy Grails (Again)

Thanks @wagirl 

We are long lost twins!  LOL

Respected Contributor

In over 50 years wearing cosmetics and skincare I have not found a holy grail.

The only three products I rebuy are

PTR retinol for night time

Philosophy micro exfoliating cleanser

Dr. Nassif detox face pads

Oily skin when young now combo.

Valued Contributor

I have used Clinique's skin care for over 40 years. I'm 68 and have oily skin and it works for me. Yes I know they're not cruelty free but I will continue use until I'm gone. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree that Pond's Cold Cream is the best way to dissolve makeup.(  I am so tired of the "clean beauty" thing.....the really harmful stuff isn't in anything, and mineral oil is not a bad thing.  It's refined and isn't harmful, moisturizes well and does the job on makeup removing.  There is even a food-grade mineral oil which chefs use on their wooden cutting boards to keep them from cracking, and if you've eaten in a restaurant, you've eaten off a mineral-oil-treated cutting board.  Also, petrolatum (Vaseline) is highly refined and not harmful.  The man who created and first marketed it, many years ago, used to eat a spoonful every day to prove it was safe, and did so til he died at 96.  So don't pay too much attention to the "clean beauty" blather.  It's a manipulative marketing ploy.  The FDA knows what's harmful, and mineral oil and petrolatum are not banned by them.)

Also on my Grail list:  Plexaderm and PTR Firm X Instant Eye.  Both work on my (not very bad) undereye bags, like magic.  I have never had any problems with either.  I think that people who don't have success are using something moisturizing to wash their face....like Philosophy, Korres, Dove, Beekman etc.  Anything that promises to moisturize/hydrate your skin will leave behind a film so that the product can't stick to the skin and pull it taut.  Even if it does, it won't last.  I wash my face with Ivory, which gets it thoroughly clean and the products do their job all day until I wash them off.  I do need a little concealer on top.  It must be oil-free, and a liquid is too watery.  I gently tap--not rub or smooth on--the tiniest bit of IT Oil Free Matte CC, and it works beautifully. So that's another Grail for me.