Honored Contributor

Let's Get Intimate: Glycerin | Dr. Shereene Idriss

That is the name of the You Tube video.  Apparently I'm not allowed to post a link.  If you'd like to know more about glycerin for your face, perhaps you'd be interested in this vid.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Get Intimate: Glycerin | Dr. Shereene Idriss

@monicakm 

Thanks for mentioning about glycerin! This is an old-timer ingredient, like Dr. Shereene says, is a workhorse and much understated in the skin care industry these days.

I'm only half-way through her explanation, but I had to stop to look up the ingredient deck (again) in my fav moisturizer (Dr. Kaplan), and sure enough, glycerin is in there.

The Heritage rose water & glycerin is also a fav of mine, but haven't used it recently because of the Kaplan.

Honored Contributor

Glycerin can be found in almost every bottle of moisturizer out there. I'd be surprised to find one that didn't have it.

Honored Contributor

There used to be a glycerine moisturizer, YEARS ago. It came in the cutest accordion type plastic bottle. I used it for years and then switched and forgot all about it. I did see it's still around, about a year ago. Forgot the name, tho. You can't miss it on the shelf!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@monicakm 

Thanks for mentioning about glycerin! This is an old-timer ingredient, like Dr. Shereene says, is a workhorse and much understated in the skin care industry these days.

I'm only half-way through her explanation, but I had to stop to look up the ingredient deck (again) in my fav moisturizer (Dr. Kaplan), and sure enough, glycerin is in there.

The Heritage rose water & glycerin is also a fav of mine, but haven't used it recently because of the Kaplan.

@Harpa when I was a kid, my mom used rose water & glycerin.  It was a popular thing with women back then. I use a rose water mist after cleansing, as a toner.  I was disappointed to learn that Heritage isn't a true rose water but just a water concoction with rose scent added.  I use Alteya Organics Bulgarian Rose Water which is a true rose water made from distilling actual rose petals.  

Esteemed Contributor

What was interesting is her comparing glycerin with hylauronic acid.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of Intimate, did you know that glycerin is NOT recommended for use in the feminine area  as a cleansing ingredient. It is found in the majority of body washes, even CLEAN types. Supposedly it is sugar derived and can be linked to causing yeast infections. I found 2 washes I use in that area that are glycerin free. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

That is the name of the You Tube video.  Apparently I'm not allowed to post a link.  If you'd like to know more about glycerin for your face, perhaps you'd be interested in this vid.  

@monicakm 

To be honest, the links you repeatedly tried to post included a link to the 'free shipping' code.

Coupon codes (whether it's a discount or free shipping) are not allowed on the forums.

Neither is posting a link to an 'outside' retail site.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Live and learn Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Don't we all! And usually the hard way, LOL!

I so applaud your efforts to help your fellow beauties save a little bit, thank you!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.