Respected Contributor

You know all of those 1/2 sided face demos for skincare are decietful ,and here is why ,almost all of us have sun damage on our left side from damage , when the model is facing the camera they most always do the right  side ( corrct me if i am wrong) and proclaim look at the difference. My left side looks 5 years older at least. Google" truck driver wrinkles" it is  a severe on him. I am not saying they always do this intentionally but it finally hit me , i think Dana does this with her models for Pericone. Let me know if i am off base on this.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Let me tell you a secret

You're based this on your face?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa is right. Your left side is typically older looking because that is the driver side of your car. Gets more sun damage.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Yep, I have know this for years and if you're always a passenger the right side is the sun damaged side.

Respected Contributor

Just watch skincare demos for anti aging products for future to see if this is correct , and i know there are exceptions , but i bet most people in their 40 's and 50's have a more aged face on their left side unless they are super dilligent about sunscreen or haven't driven on a regular basis throughout their life. Give me feedback do you have the same skin quality on both sides of your face , and don't forget to google truck driver wrinkles.

Respected Contributor

Going to look. Be right back.
Respected Contributor

Back, I really looked .I have one slight dark sun spot on my left side. Wrinkles under eyes are similar. I smiled no crows feet It definitely makes sense though.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The left side of my face does look older as well. My eye has a bag the right does not, and small crows feet. I figured it was because I am more fond of sleeping on my left side.

Respected Contributor

I always use sunscreen. Truck drivers probably never do, Maybe a few do.
Honored Contributor

Part of my problem is I also sleep on my left side

The only spot on my face is on my left side..

Wrinkles under my left eye are more  pronounced.

It also depends on what kind of skin you have.

Olive skin fares better than people with very fair skin