Respected Contributor

Legit questions about Rodan and Fields

I'm thinking about trying their products. I'm not looking for comments regarding the business or their business model. I'm looking for responses regarding personal experiences with the products themselves. So if you've actually used the products, please share about your experience with them.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Legit questions about Rodan and Fields

I used to be a rep for R&F and used their products, which I liked well enough, but they don't work miracles. I have since transitioned to using Arbonne almost exclusively, for one reason. Arbonne manufactures their products to European standards which are much higher than ours. The U.S. prohibits something like a dozen products from being used in personal care products, Europe prohibits 1,200. I don't want mineral oil in products (would you put fuel on your skin?), and Arbonne is 100% plant based. I don't sell Arbonne, but I did join at a level to get the deepest discounts because, like R&F, they are not cheap. Do your research on R&F and see what you're really putting on your face.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Whether one likes mineral oil or not, it is incorrect to insinuate that you're putting "fuel" on your face or body if you use a product that includes this ingredient.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I guess I'm really trying to find something that's going to calm my skin.
Contributor

I dont' sell R&F but have so many friends and family that do.  I dabble in their products but don't use them faithfully.  I'm too much of a skin care junkie to stick with one thing.  I did see a difference when I used the Reverse line, but when I ran out, honestly my skin went right back to the way it was.  I do use a few of the soothe line products to help with my sons Chicken skin bumps on his arms (can't remember the real name) and it does help some.  Keeps them calmer.  Only thing I can tell you to do is try them.  Its a bottom of the jar guarantee, so you have nothing to loose.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have extremely sensitive skin and tried R&F many years ago. The Soothe line for sensitive skin irritated my skin and broke me out terribly. The products contain a lot of silicones, which are soothing for some people, but they make my skin itchy and cause cystic breakouts.

Honestly, with sensitive skin, everyone is so different. Your experience with the same products could be completely different from mine. My advice would be to see if you could get samples first and if not, make sure you can return the products if they don't work for you.

Respected Contributor

@cassiem what are you using these days. Just curious.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb, I've never found a complete skincare line I can use, so mix from different lines. 

Cleansers: LaRoche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser or Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser (there are two versions, this is the creamy, unscented version)

Morning:

Antioxidant serum: Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum (only vitamin c product I've ever been able to use without irritation) or Replenix Serum CF (green tea serum)

Sunscreen: Purple Emu Protective Sun Cream - best sunscreen I've ever used, they usually break me out or irritate my skin. I'm on my third container, which has never happened to me before.  It contains emu oil which is anti-inflammatory and very soothing.

Evening:

Metrogel if my rosacea is flaring.

Replenix CF cream (green tea moisturizer)

Contributor

I guess the question is, you want to calm your face in what way?

I used R&F Proactiv years ago because my brother was getting married and I had the worst acne ever. That stuff was a miracle. My face did a complete 180 and I used it for a long time. I use other things now, but that stuff is the real deal.

I know R&F has that other line too, so I am not sure if you mean that one. I have never used that one.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, all. I'm still on the fence.