Honored Contributor

Re: Learned new trick about concealer....big difference

Hourglass has a Veil Mineral.  So I'm really confused lol

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I set my undereye concealer but I don't go down as far as my crinklies that sit at the top of my cheeks when I smile.  But, I would if I had a powder that didn't settle in them.  I've been using a method where I "open" the crinklies after the concealer has been applied a few minutes and tap out the excess that has settled there.  Makes a difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet good for you, you tried something different.  Sometimes it's not the product, but the way we use the product.  Sometimes too many different products cause problems too.  I'm glad you found something that works for you.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After concealer, of which I only use a tiny amount, I use a flat brush with IT No More Pores powder that I tap over my undereye and area between my cheek and nose (where pores are most prominent).  I also tap it in the T going up between my eyes and then across the middle of my forehead.  I finish up after I have done all my makeup with Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder.  Hourglass has several different powders that do different things, but this is the only one I use. I just buy the mini which will last me 2 or 3 years since I don't wear makeup on a daily basis.  

@monicakm , the only crinklies under my eyes that I have a particular problem with is in the inside corders where it crinkles when I squint, which I do a lot due to my aging eyesight. Makeup and concealer does tend to settle in those.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet, please come back and clarify as it's not clear what you're referring to. I'm assuming you're comparing Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder to bareMinerals Mineral Veil Setting Powder. But who knows for sure? Would love to get the complete scoop. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@chiclet, please come back and clarify as it's not clear what you're referring to. I'm assuming you're comparing Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder to bareMinerals Mineral Veil Setting Powder. But who knows for sure? Would love to get the complete scoop. Thank you.

We may be left hanging and never know LOL.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry I was not more specific with my post.  I bought Tarte colored clay concealer from Amazon and really like it and also Dermablend Cover Care concealer which I am not crazy about.  Both settle into fine lines as does every concealer I have ever used in my life.  The Tarte definitely looks more natural.  However the reason for my post was that I had bought some Hourglass setting powder a while back and was using that to set the concealer (and my whole face)and it was a hot mess with concealer sliding everywhere with wrinkles I did not know I had.  I could not find it quickly the other morning so I grabbed my Bareminerals mineral veil and set it with a puff pressing in.  I was so surprised later when it looked really good without creasing.  Then I did a side with Hourglass setting powder and one with mineral veil.  What a difference.  The mineral veil side looked a 100 times better without creasing.  Please don't tell me to use moisterizer or not use moisterizer or let it dry etc. etc. etc.    In 71 years I have done it all but this was the first time I realized the powder you set it with is as important as the concealer itself.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @chiclet! I feel like concealer is hard. Meaning it's tricky to get it to look right, especially on more mature faces. I know I've not perfected it as of yet but still trying.  Heck, I'm not sure I've even found a concealer product I truly like. It's always nice to hear what works well for others and get ideas. Thanks again!

pup   

Respected Contributor

I use the BB setting powder with a light application by brush.  I sweep it VERY lightly in both direction,  side to side,  and it stays all day.  Looks pretty natural IMO!   I will try the MV when I'm out of BB.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Thank you, @chiclet! I feel like concealer is hard. Meaning it's tricky to get it to look right, especially on more mature faces. I know I've not perfected it as of yet but still trying.  Heck, I'm not sure I've even found a concealer product I truly like. It's always nice to hear what works well for others and get ideas. Thanks again!

pup   

@pupwhipped   YUP.  Agree.  Concealer is harrrrrd.  I like how I look with a bit of undereye concealer instead of without so I use it daily.  I'm tired of spending $$$ on some only to be disappointed and sometimes I just grab one from the grocery store and, again, am disappointed.  I have expensive ones and cheaper ones and still haven't found my holy grail.  I'm 58 so I have some fine lines.  I'd be happy, I think, if I could just find the correct color.  Some are too yellow, some are too white.  Bobbi Brown says to use a peachy color to correct.  I might have to go dig mine out and give it another try.  Shape Tape has way too many colors to just go in and pick one myself.  I may have to stop in at Ulta and have someone who really knows the product line to help me select the right color.  The struggle is real!!!    :-)))