Respected Contributor

Learned new trick about concealer....big difference

I just started wearing concealer again.  Quit because it made wrinkles under eyes worse looking.  But since I have such bad dark circles I am trying again.  I used my Tarte clay concealer and patted it with hourglass powder and it was a wrinkled mess as ususal.  I decided to do one eye with mineral veil and one with Hourglass.  Wow what a difference...mineral side did not grease much and stayed in place and matte.  The other side with Hourglass loose powder was shiny and full of lines with concealer in the wrinkles.  Checked it through the day and the mineral veil looked the same and the hourglass side got worse and worse.  So I realize that it may not just be concealer that does not work but the powder you set it with........

Honored Contributor

Re: Learned new trick about concealer....big difference

@chiclet   I'm confused on what you mean by 'hourglass' powder. Is this a brand name, is this by Tarte? Please explain this a bit more for me. Thanks

Valued Contributor

Although Hourglass powder is finely milled, I find it creases on me too.

Respected Contributor

THe hourglass primer is really phenomenal, but so is the price tag!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet  Are you talking about BareEscentuals Mineral Veil?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

QVC is showing several primers, but not are called Hourglass.  Could it be called something else?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Hourglass is a brand sold at Sephora and some items at Ulta.  It has a primer and a setting powder along with other items.  You can search for it on both websites under the name of Hourglass.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@chiclet  Are you talking about BareEscentuals Mineral Veil?

Bare Minerals is the only product I know of that has a product/powder called "Mineral Veil" so would assume that is what the OP is saying she used.

Esteemed Contributor

Huh....interesting. I don't set my concealer with powder under my eyes. I have mineral veil though, so I might try it. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a bit confused too, but I do love tartes shape tape concealer,  only I use that sponge, beauty blender, that I dampen , to apply the concealer--I find that is the secret ingredient to getting it to do its job--I have purple areas in the inside corners of both eyes by the bridge of my nose--I have to tap it in a few times but it works. I also have Mallys dark circle corrector that is really good too. Just wondering if you are letting the product dry down a bit before you apply a powder and also to apply another bit of concealer--now this won't work on wrinkles. I find nothing will work on wrinkles no matter what is promised!!Woman Frustrated