Occasional Contributor

Le metier de beauty DISAPPEARED?

What happened to le metier ? It seems that beauty IQ is showing the same 8 lines over and over!!! it is frustrating when you cannot get an answer. Are they still going to carry le metier?

Honored Contributor

Re: Le metier de beauty DISAPPEARED?

One item online.  Too expensive? 

Honored Contributor

@mpet  I think, based on someone who works for the line, that Le Metier was simply using QVC to get its name out there and never intended to be here for the long haul. Yes, their prices were not on par with drug store or lower end department store prices. It's considered a luxury line and the prices reflect that.

The company has had some major growing pain issues and many thought they were going under: stock was not arriving to Neiman Marcus (their store of choice) and customers weren't sure what was going on (nor were sales people). When the new guy (can't remember his name but he was the vendor on Beauty IQ) came on board, things began to change for the better. 

Now that things are doing well, perhaps both parties believed it was time to part. This really is a line that needs to be seen in person and tried on (I think) before making a purchase.

Occasional Contributor

thank you! Just saw this. Sadly, I don’t think they made it. Hope I’m wrong! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@mpet  I think, based on someone who works for the line, that Le Metier was simply using QVC to get its name out there and never intended to be here for the long haul. Yes, their prices were not on par with drug store or lower end department store prices. It's considered a luxury line and the prices reflect that.

The company has had some major growing pain issues and many thought they were going under: stock was not arriving to Neiman Marcus (their store of choice) and customers weren't sure what was going on (nor were sales people). When the new guy (can't remember his name but he was the vendor on Beauty IQ) came on board, things began to change for the better. 

Now that things are doing well, perhaps both parties believed it was time to part. This really is a line that needs to be seen in person and tried on (I think) before making a purchase.

@SahmIam, have you tried their foundation?  I was so tempted but fortunately I think their medium would be too dark for me and when I discovered it that was the lightest shade they had in stock.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom  Yes, I have and it's a wonderful foundation. I wear the lightest shade in all their face products and find that they are highly concentrated and blend like a dream. They truly deliver what they say. 

Bergdorf Goodman and the Le Metier site still sells all the products but at full price.