Valued Contributor

General question for the beauties:  do any of you later multiple skincare products from different brands?  

I have been using Perricone's pore products for a few weeks and I am liking the results but I want to add the PTR PM retinol serum at night.  Can I use the pore cream, let that sink in and then add retinol?  

I realize there a point where more is clearly not better, but curious how many people layer multiple products...  

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum wrote:

General question for the beauties:  do any of you later multiple skincare products from different brands?  

I have been using Perricone's pore products for a few weeks and I am liking the results but I want to add the PTR PM retinol serum at night.  Can I use the pore cream, let that sink in and then add retinol?  

I realize there a point where more is clearly not better, but curious how many people layer multiple products...  

@Tantallum  I am a skincare junkie and layer several products both in the AM and PM.  The general rule of thumb is to go from the thinnest consistency to the thickest for the best penetration.  I do not use any Perricone or PTR, nor am I familiar with their complete ingredient decks.  Since one of your products is a serum and the other a cream, I'd do the serum first and then the cream.  

Honored Contributor

I don't.  I use Strivectin:

• Significantly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Hydrates and visibly enhances skin texture
  • Harnesses technology to target Collagen III – ‘youth collagen’

They have what everyone wants.

Even my dr who has known me since 1981 asked me what I had done to always look better than his other patients!

Honored Contributor

You absolutely can use products from different companies, contrary to any sales pitch that says otherwise.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor
Yes. I do all the time.
Esteemed Contributor
If the poor cream is a moisturizer then the retinol goes on first then then the moisturizer.
Valued Contributor

thanks everyone!! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree with the post that said go from lightest weight to heaviest.

I have used PTR Retinol for a couple of years now.  It applies like a "heavy-weight" water, so use it first and then layer on the moisturizing layer last.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely. Thinnest to thickest is the usual rule, though a thick serum would still go on under a moisturizer. Sometimes different brands don't play well together so I introduce one product at a time and give it a few weeks before introducing another; that way, if I react, I know which one to blame.