Honored Contributor

Re: Layering Skincare Products

I do wait between the items I use--but not for alot of time, maybe for it to dry down a bit. I broke  my ankle on the 18th so my normal skincare routine is a hot mess--just clean my face and then moisturize it. As soon as I can use my knee scooter I may be able to do my usual routine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl 

Yikes on the broken ankle. Hope you heel quickly.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think most of the layering can be done dried-down or not. Where is matters is the primer application. You need to apply primer on top of a dry layer so the primer does its job of separating whatever you apply after it from the layers under it. Otherwise what good is a primer?

@SilleeMee 

Does the primer need to dry down before bb cream or foundation is applied? I am having an issue with applying bb cream or foundation and getting those little pin sized white spots on one cheek. Quite annoying and a new phenomenon. Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. 

@kate2357 

Yes, you need to allow the primer to dry completely before applying your foundation.

I use a small hand-held fan to help speed drying times. Geek Aire brand is a good one. Powerful and compact.

Geek Aire 2600mA Power Bank Fan, Rechargeable Mini Personal Handheld Fan,  Lithium-ion Battery, Charging Dock, 5 Speed Settings, Cordless, for  Household Office Traveling Outdoor, Charcoal Black : Home & Kitchen -  Amazon.com

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL I can tell I need more coffee.  Initially, I hit the post button without putting in any text HAHA

Since starting to use the SKINN Age Reset, I have found it does help to wait a bit.  So, once I put on the Age reset face and eye serums at night, I brush my teeth, put on my jammies, make the coffee for the next morning - all of this just takes a few minutes - and then finish my skin care.  Still doing the same things I do every night, just in a different order so don't feel I'm adding any time to my routine.

Respected Contributor

Still working so I don't have the luxury of waiting between steps. I do put on my Vitamin C serum and then brush my teeth, thus giving my skin 2 minutes to absorb it before the next step. I find I have to lightly powder my face with a colorless setting powder before applying my powder foundation though, otherwise my powder foundation wouldn't apply smoothly and evenly over my skin, still tacky from my sunscreen. 

Honored Contributor

@vermint 

My first layer after cleansing is always WEN Replenishing Treatment Spray!  It's like my "skin prep" for the remaining layers.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@vermint 

My first layer after cleansing is always WEN Replenishing Treatment Spray!  It's like my "skin prep" for the remaining layers.

@SurferWife - is this the same treatment mist that is used for the hair or is their a separate one for the face?  I have the Restore Replenishing Treatment Mist but have only used it every now and then on my hair.  I have sooo much of it because I was on AD thinking I would use it a lot on my hair but I don't.  If I could use it on my face, that would be great.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think most of the layering can be done dried-down or not. Where is matters is the primer application. You need to apply primer on top of a dry layer so the primer does its job of separating whatever you apply after it from the layers under it. Otherwise what good is a primer?

@SilleeMee 

GREAT reminder!  There is a bit of a lapse of time in my morning routine between skincare & make-up, so I will hold off apply primer until I'm ready to apply my make-up.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

The Replenishing Treatment Mist is made for head-to-toe.  I use it more on my face & body as a skin care hydrator than I do on my hair.  As soon as I step out of the shower, I spay it from forehead to toe, then apply my WEN body cream.  My skin is baby-behind soft and hydrated all day long!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - Thank you!  With all the other mists/essence type products I have and now knowing I can use the bottles of the Replenshing mist for the same purpose, I am set for the next decade!  HAHA  At least the Replenshing Mist won't go to waste.  Glad I didn't toss it!