Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I have this and it's the best makeup bag I've ever had.  I travel a lot and have never had a problem.  This is definitely worth the value.  Not sure what that $5 Costco comment was about, but I can't imagine anything in that price range being the quality of these.  I've washed mine and it's perfect. Great gift idea.  I get asked all the time about where I got this bag.

I think there have been several versions of this TSV, the Costco deal may have been a previous version.   Sam's & Costco usually sell items that are off season or discontinued items.

Respected Contributor

I'm going to give this a try and hopefully I will like it.  I got the pineapple -- something different.

Does anyone remember the Freedom Bag?  I got one many, many years ago.  It has been on six cruises and innumerable trips and is still going strong.  My husband and I share it for our toiletries and we love it.  Hang it on the back of the bathroom door and we are both set.  It was really nice for cruises because there was so little counter space.  We could just put everything back and out of the way.

Trusted Contributor

I will also pass on this.  It just would not work for me.  I like things organized.  My organized makeup bag would not take up much more space then the lay and go.

Honored Contributor

I don't want my stuff all in a big jumbled mess like that.  I also heard them talking about using one for jewelry.  That would really cause a tangled mess of chains, earrings, etc., not to mention everything scraping against everything else.

Several years ago I bought a roll up bag from Sephora with different zippered compartments.  It's very similar to those Better Beauty Cases from Joy Mangano (but not a piece of junk like Joy's were) and that's what I store my make-up in.   

Frequent Contributor

I still use my freedom bag!!  20 plus years and still going strong!  I keep the freedom bag stocked for longer travel and I use this for short trips when I don’t need to take everything that is in the freedom bag.  I still say this has been my absolute favorite item ever purchased during my QVC shopping history 

These are 21 inches — the ones at Costco were I think a 14 or 16 inch for $14.97 during the 2015 or  season.  After Christmas they were clearanced out to $4.97 in late Jan of 2016 or so.  I saw them there and picked up a couple that I used for graduation gifts.  

Honored Contributor

I have tried to put my finger on what about this product doesn't work for me and someone said it beautifully above.  I need structure.

I like a place for every little thing.

Every time I see this presented over the years, the neat freak in me screeches.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@JudyL...I have a version of this from W.Mart.....I use only when I travel. It does hold a lot and you just fill it up, pull on the 'string/rope' and it closes on itself....I have not had any trouble with mine staying closed, there is a   fasterer to keep it closed.

It takes up less space in my suitcase than the large hard sided make up case I use every day.  It would be a cute gift, especially if filled with a few beauty things!

Respected Contributor

I like things to be in the upright position for the most part and this wouldn't appeal to me...sorta like a purse...I need pockets and sections for organization...I can't even handle laying down a nail polish bottle LOL it must be upright!!  This is a easy pass for me...I use the soft zippered makeup organizers for travel...have one by LG that I like alot...a place for everythingSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't own one but I thought the price was high for what the product is.  You can place your makeup in a big plastic bag and see everything too.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

The Freedom Bag. . .one of the greats.  I had one but got rid of it but fortunately, still have the Freedom Express which was a smaller version.  I keep it packed and ready to go for travel.  Wish someone would come out with a new one.  I've washed mine several times but it's still looking beat up and the elastic bands for brushes are stretched out.  Yup, that's how long I've had it but I can't find anything else that carries so much in such a compact bag.