Honored Contributor

It's very nice for travel. You can lay it on a bed or an open countertop. For home-use I find it somewhat inconvenient to use on my crowded bathroom countertop. It needs a cleared space so it can be opened properly.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I'm going to get a set to share with my DD.

Super Contributor

I have a makeup bag that I got at TJMaxx for $20. It's fabric with interior vinyl pouches. It zips, opens up flat. It opens like a book, with a pocket on either side that opens with  a zipper. The pockets are vinyl, so I can see everything inside them. There is a flap between them with loops for brushes. The whole thing zips shut and has handles. It's awesome. I thought about this TSV and realized my current makeup bag is the BEST! 

Honored Contributor

In the multiple presentations I've seen this morning, too many times the overhead camera clearly shows that the varying sizes of items inside show that the bag will not close completely, in fact quite a bit of space is open.  That's a problem for me for travel. 

In addition, I don't have 21" of counter/vanity round clear space to lay this down flat to be able to see everything, which is the top selling point.

I have rectangular storage with clear inside vinyl zippered pockets.  The edge can go right up against the counter wall lengthwise to maximize space.  When done, it folds up vertically and comes together with carrying handles on top.  Plus, the inside vinyl pockets are velcroed in, so they can come out to use separately for light travel purposes.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I was going to buy 3 sets so I could give them as gifts to my nieces -- then I saw the price Smiley Surprised(   If they were around $10 each, I would buy them.  Over $15 (accounting for tax, s&h) each is too much money for a makeup bag.  Price is too high for multiples.  I long for the old days when TSVs used to be priced MUCH better!

Not defending Q pricing but these look bigger and more well made.

I've had various types of these items for jewelry or makeup and these look much larger and looks like the lay flat nicely, with an edge to keep stuff from rolling around.

I purchased 1 set today, 1 for me and 1 for my DD.  Purple paisley

Honored Contributor

I bought one of these for travel and honestly, I don't use it anymore.  For me, I prefer using constructed pouches and travel organizers to hold my skincare, cosmetics, and brushes because they can fit better in my suitcase rather than the Lay-N-Go that's bunched up with bulges all over the place and a hole on top that doesn't really close completely. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lay/N/Go TSV

[ Edited ]

I took mine to Europe this year and it worked great.  Last summer while we were in Memphis on vacation we stopped at Costco and they had them on clearance for $5 so I bought two more.

Honored Contributor

I don't see what is so great about this TSV--I don't want everything all crunched together in an odd sized lump---especially traveling--I want everything organized and flat Can just see compacts/ jars  opening up and spilling over everything. Will pass.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lay/N/Go TSV

[ Edited ]

This item looks like a gimmicky hot mess.

Traveling with it seems sloppy and unorganized.

At best it even looks unkept  opened on a bathroom counter or dresser.

Totally a easy pass.

Respected Contributor

I have this and it's the best makeup bag I've ever had.  I travel a lot and have never had a problem.  This is definitely worth the value.  Not sure what that $5 Costco comment was about, but I can't imagine anything in that price range being the quality of these.  I've washed mine and it's perfect. Great gift idea.  I get asked all the time about where I got this bag.