Occasional Contributor

Lavender Oil is a natural bug repellent

Ladies, I went to this lavender farm in Delaware and bought the best bug repellent. It smelled like heaven and keeps the bugs away. I live in a very, very buggy area of NJ.

You could wear it as perfume that's how good it smelled. It smelled just like my lavender Wen oil. After researching lavender oil as a bug repellent, I realized that my Wen oil is all I need. I used it last night on my deck outside, it worked, no bugs! I thought that I would pass this info along. My Wen oil worked even better that the spray I bought. The spray was more of a diluted Wen oil in a spray form, like the RTM. Try it.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Lavender Oil is a natural bug repellent

Thank you for the tipSmiley Happy
Formally NewtoWen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'll add it to my arsenal.

We make the fly spray for our horses, dogs and us that has skin so soft, white vinegar, eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil in it. Lavender would be a nice change for the other oils. Although our bug spray smells pretty good and the horses don't mind it.

Occasional Contributor

I did not know that! The mosquitos have been just terrible on the Chesapeake this year. Thank you so much...I'm absolutely going to try this over the weekend.

Respected Contributor

Another GREAT bug repellant is the Avon Skin So Soft bath oil! I just mix some with water in a spray bottle and spray away.....no bugs! Smells nice too. I even use it on my horse.

Trusted Contributor

I've used the Wen TT lotion or oil and they both worked too. But I would like the smell of Lavender better Smiley Wink The guys will probably prefer TT though!

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I din't know dat! I don't sit on our deck because of the wood borer bees so thanks for the tip.

Esteemed Contributor

I always plant a few containers of lavender for my deck as it helps keep the bugs away too.