Contributor
Does anyone remember the popular 80's fragrance Lauren by Ralph Lauren? It was discontinued a while back. I miss it and would wear it again in a heartbeat.
Honored Contributor

Yes!!! I remember this perfume an old co worker used to wear it all the time-it actually became her signature scent! I no longer work with her, and I wonder what she is wearing now!?? It always smelled so good on her! Did you try maybe Fragrance dot net for it?

Honored Contributor

It was a favorite of mine, so pretty !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@mylea   I do. It gave me a migraine to the point I couldn't walk past the counter if it had been sprayed.

I worked in a luxury department store as an undergrad. Had 2 very good friends who worked in womens' fragrances and WOW, did they make a LOT of money back then! 

My buddy Erica knew how Lauren gave me headaches (in fact, it did for many) and was thrilled to tell me when the new scent Tuxedo came out. The RL pitch was Lauren for day, Tuxedo for evening and OH! I LOVED that scent! I bought everything in the collection and was a very happy camper.

One day, I purchased a bottle, went home, opened it and sprayed... OMG, it STUNK!!! Something was WAY off. Called Erica and she said to bring it back. Long story short, RL had to change one of the ingredients because it was now banned and that ingredient was a synthetic (most scents today are all synthetic) which changed the scent. In fact, it ruined the scent as women began returning the product across the US as soon as they were purchased. RL decided to recall ALL the products and discontinue it. She called me over (I worked at a different counter) and told me it was all going back. She then said that this section was the "older" scent and if I wanted it, to go for it. I did!.

Safari was brought out the following year. Loved that scent too as well as the gorgeous packaging. I'll tell you...the 80's had some amazing scents and luxurious packaging never to be seen again. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Contributor
I haven't tried fragrance dot net. I'll check it out. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

@mylea 

Oh ! Do I !  That was my favorite scent if all time .I remember I adored all his scents . I also remember all those magazine spreads in the 80's and 90's . They were so gorgeous the southwestern looks and the "Out of Africa" movie looks .  

Esteemed Contributor

@mylea 

A favorite boss of mine from way back when had his wife buy this for me one Christmas.  Also, a lovely scarf.

It was a wonderful fragrance that I wore for years.  Sorry to hear it was discontinued, although I no longer wear any fragrance.

I'd love to smell it again!

Honored Contributor

gorgeous scent

it was relaunched and was/is nothing like it originally was

Honored Contributor

remember this

Contributor
My hubby loved Ralph Lauren perfume & gifted it to me every Christmas! I always made sure l wore it for our date nights.