Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

The mean girls on this forum just can't pass up an opportunity to be judgmental about a lovely woman who happens to have gotten older and, gasp!, have a few wrinkles.  

@tototwo   If I'm included in "mean Girls" because of my observation about her neck, it was in response to everyone saying she had no work done. I've always been a proponent of aging gracefully with or without wrinkles. FYI, I've said here, even having a full facelift does not erase wrinkled, lined skin. It only lifts and tightens the skin. The wrinkles remain. 

I always discuss here good skincare and SPF to help prevent those lines as long as possible. Ms. Hutton spent a lot of time in Africa, etc. and most likely without sunscreen. In her defense, much was not known about the dangers of the sun on the skin. 

Who told you that? It absolutely does help remove wrinkles and creases, When your excess skin is cut off and the remaining skin is pulled up, that flattens out the wrinkles and creases. No one would have a full facelift if they had a face full of wrinkles on tut skin, I use my hands to "pull up" my face all the time to see how i'd look with a facelift and not a single wrinkle remains,

from healthline

"As we get older, skin and tissues naturally lose their elasticity. This leads to sagging and wrinkles. A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens these facial tissues.

A facelift can involve removing excess skin, smoothing out folds or wrinkles, and tightening facial tissue. It doesn’t include a brow or eye lift, although these might be done at the same time.

A facelift is only focused on the bottom two-thirds of the face and often the neck. People get facelifts for a lot of different reasons. A common reason is to help disguise signs of aging."

@PinkSunset  My plastic surgeon explained the procedure to me. Never thinking of having it, but he's become a close friend after doing my reconstruction after having a double mastectomy 20 years ago. Deep wrinkles, line, pitted skin and any hyperpigmentation is not erased with a facelift. When you pull your skin back with w/ your hands to eliminate those wrinkles, a good surgeon would NEVER pull the face that tight...resulting in that unnatural "wind tunnel look". With a lift/tuck done by a reputable surgeon, if skin is deeply wrinkled, they'll be there afterwards as well. He explains that to all patients so they're not disappointed in the outcome. In fact, any patients getting Botox or fillers who ask about a facelift later on are told about aggressive skincare to insure better results after surgery. BTW, after a facelift, the skin continues to age. He expects a lift to last only 10-15 years. At $20,000-$30,000, no thanks. Botox and fillers will still be needed for "elevens" and crows feet, etc. and fillers injected for deeper nasolabial folds. Peels, laser treatments would be continued for rosacea, acne scarring, deep pores and other skin issues. His take is the facelift does only take away jowls, and tighten some of the sagging in the neck area. It does nothing for the upper face. That's an "add on". More money and surgery for  eyes (upper and lower lids) and a separate brow lift to reposition them. 

I'm not interested in that extensive, serious  surgery with months of down time and expense. I've seen his work and the women look "rested" after healing, but certainly no more than 5-8 years younger that does not warrant the ordeal to me. 

The aging process is what it is...aging. I do the best non-invasive procedures for my skin and accept the results. There're nothing wrong with getting older and showing a few wrinkles. I'm not a celebrity followed by the press who has the responsibility of looking perfect for my fans. 

I will shamefully admit to looking about 10 years younger than 71, but I deserve those bragging rights. Forty years out of the sun, extensive skincare morning and night with proven products. I'll try to re-post my photo of my brow (including eye) after first grooming recently...no significant lines. Photo is less than 2 yrs. old since I keep track when I my hair went silver. 

Honored Contributor

7F1FC62E-7764-4EB1-959E-5CF8AF92F953.jpeg

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lauren Hutton

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Lovely, skin, hair, and brows are fabulous. If you use a brow product, what? 

Have you used a certain line throughout the years, switch to newer ingredients? Are there certain ingredients you look for- peptides, etc.?

I  tried Renova for a few months in the 90's, it was dificult- peeling( I knew I would peel, but this was excessive) it was painful.  Decreasing the amount, times per week, didn't help much. I'd like to revisited retinA again, though.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2   Thanks. Didn't post for compliments, but to show w/o surgery and good skincare , healthy lifestyle, etc. 71 ain't so bad!

Brow product in pic was about 18 months ago...then IT Brow Prower Pencil. Now use Bobbi Brown Light Brow Kit...2 shadows (in grayish taupe shades) to blend and Gimme Brow Gel (Benefit) in #2.5 or #3. 

I started using Retin A 40 years ago and a high spf. That and drugstore moisturizers/eye creams (not a big budget for skincare) & they did a great job. Then I bumped up to Bobbi Brown's skincare...more moisturizing, but not too many anti-aging ingredients at the time. 

By age 40, I started the Obagi System: Cleanser, exfoliant, Vit. C serum, day moisturizer w/ spf and night cream, bleaching cream w/ hydroquinone (no longer avail. in that high %, another ingredient now substituted) and eye cream. I still kept up w/ my Retin A three nights a week. 

Still with me @skittles2?

In 1997, Skinceuticals came out. It's a combo of topical antioxidant serums, cleansers, moisturizers, etc. My derm recommended the step up to this line. I use their Vit. C serum, Emolliance moisturizer for day, Renew Overnight for Dry Skin and Eye Balm (AM & PM) and still Retin A at least 3 nights. In the last few years I've added PTR Acid Peel Pads (think discontinued, so when finish jar will look for something similar) & Bare Minerals Ageless Genius Neck Cream (no firming/tightening). It gives better moisture than my day or night cream and a brightening sheen to the skin on neck. When needed I mix the Obagi w/o hydroquinone w/ my Retin A for about 4-6 weeks if any dark spots pop up. Of course, all above is applied from hair line to bra line & hands. 

Whoa!!! Long post, but hope that answers your questions. 

***I look for antioxidants, acids, exfoliants and hydration. In winter, may add oils to my moisturizers if needed. Otherwise, this routine has not changed for about 15 years.  I'm consistent and don't shop around for anything else. "If it ain't broke, why fix it"? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus , you really have a pretty hair color. Is it dark brown mixed with gray? It looks very dimensional.

Your eye area looks very young. I just started to notice at 66, for lack of a better description, like I have commas under my eyes. A slight line that popped out of nowhere under each eye. I take a boatload of meds for my heart and that’s when I noticed big changes. Stay well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11   No brown in my hair...been all grey since my 30's and colored it all these years. I have some darker silver that still isn't as light. If I pull my hair back or up, it's pure white underneath like all the women on my Mom's side. That pic is about 18 months old. My hair is a lot whiter now and for some reason always photographs darker. 

Would not presume to have any answers if under eye areas looked differently after beginning your meds. Ask your doc about water retention, side effects, etc. 

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus 

Wowza!  Your eye area is incredible. Your diligence has certainly paid off for you. You look lovely. Thank-you for sharing your picture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luv pets wrote:

@Shanus 

Wowza!  Your eye area is incredible. Your diligence has certainly paid off for you. You look lovely. Thank-you for sharing your picture.

@Luv pets  Thank you. I was just as hesitant the second time around. I forgot to add, but have said here before, satin pillow case, elevated head on pillows or raise front of bed with a brick under each leg and diligence with skincare does pay off. I don't skip a morning or evening with my steps...10 minutes at most. 

Back to Lauren Hutton.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Luv pets wrote:

@Shanus 

@Luv pets  Thank you. I was just as hesitant the second time around. I forgot to add, but have said here before, satin pillow case, elevated head on pillows or raise front of bed with a brick under each leg and diligence with skincare does pay off. I don't skip a morning or evening with my steps...10 minutes at most. 

Back to Lauren Hutton.

@Shanus ...personally I think good genetics and good health is more important than anything else. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Luv pets wrote:

@Shanus 

Back to Lauren Hutton.

@Shanus ...personally I think good genetics and good health is more important than anything else. 

@Trinity11   Eh, yes and no. My Mom and Grandma were pretty wrinkled and lined at a fairly young age. Mom had bad acne as a teen that continued into her 30's. Treatment then was drying lotions and going under a sun lamp! Good health, yes. Eating correctly, exercise and lots of water help. Something interesting I learned many years ago when  I started eating a preventative modified diabetic diet (both parents and brother had Type 2). Sugar (too many carbs) can break down collagen. Cutting most of that out of my diet, except for my weekly cheat day, may have given me an unknown boost.