Respected Contributor
I think she looks happy and she looks great for her age. I am guessing she has had some work done.
She was smart not to go to far. Hair and makeup casual. She looks pretty.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lauren Hutton

[ Edited ]

I'd love to see Lauren on QVC or HSN!  She knew her stuff!

I enjoyed watching her: fresh, lively, tell it like it is... positive, strong, encouraging towards women and girls, supportive of men too. She loved going to Africa to live with various tribes, adventurer, still does last I heard.  Quite a photographer too.

I used her line, Good Stuff from the beginning, and it WAS good stuff, great stuff!

Face Disc- textures, colors, all beautiful and NATURAL

PASSPORTS- my favorite, had both pink and yellow tones, it was truly all you needed- creams, powders, foundation, blush, eyes. Came in various Passports-colors for eyes and bronzers

Minerals- these were really great- multilayer compact, each layer a separate item.

Many smaller compacts that you carried with you, creams, shadows-

she had this fabulous taupe shadow that is silky soft, best color I've EVER had, I still have it.

I used her sponge and solution, it worked.

Her brushes were the best I've used, still have them!

Tamanu Oil, hands down beats other oils I've tried.

I really miss her line. Lauren thought about a woman's face, not just regular placement of products, she had this product and shown the placement for the little pooches that pop up around the eye, for example. She was always teaching.  

Her makeup application CD that came with the Face Disc was great. I still have it.

I tried Strivectin when it was all the rage for eyes in the 90's, didn't see the big deal, maybe because my eyes were great then....I may try it again since they're now Cruelty Free, no longer selling in mainland China,

Whether I buy it or not, I'll happily tune in if Laurens the rep.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

The mean girls on this forum just can't pass up an opportunity to be judgmental about a lovely woman who happens to have gotten older and, gasp!, have a few wrinkles.  

@tototwo   If I'm included in "mean Girls" because of my observation about her neck, it was in response to everyone saying she had no work done. I've always been a proponent of aging gracefully with or without wrinkles. FYI, I've said here, even having a full facelift does not erase wrinkled, lined skin. It only lifts and tightens the skin. The wrinkles remain. 

I always discuss here good skincare and SPF to help prevent those lines as long as possible. Ms. Hutton spent a lot of time in Africa, etc. and most likely without sunscreen. In her defense, much was not known about the dangers of the sun on the skin. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't think anyone was being mean or catty! I think we simply state what we observe.

All in all, I think she is a beautiful woman, and I watched her a bit with her makeup. No matter what, I have no desire to try Strivectin, I don't care who is presenting it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@skittles2   Yes, she was the first and only besides the line by Cindy Joseph aimed specifically for over 40 women...a less is more concept. It was not only a good product, but also a novel concept to color code the pans of color to the color on the brushes and instructions. It was clearly written, concise and many women who had given up on makeup, gravitated to her line. If she decided to resurrect the makeup, I'd be first in line. 

***The idea with the sponge and water is an old Hollywood technique and still used backstage at fashion shows. Using a bowl of ice water (with cubes still in), soak a natural sponge...with the holes in it that absorb a lot of water and softer on the skin. Soak in ice water, press for several minutes under eyes for puffiness and any areas that seem dehydrated to plump lines. Joan Crawford and others of her time would submerge their faces in a sink of ice to revive their skin. 

***You can do this technique w/ a cotton pad and your toner kept in the refrigerator, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

I didn't think anyone was being mean or catty! I think we simply state what we observe.

All in all, I think she is a beautiful woman, and I watched her a bit with her makeup. No matter what, I have no desire to try Strivectin, I don't care who is presenting it.

@Harpa   Many stars, vendors, hosts and others in the public eye have been ripped apart here for their appearance. This is not the first time. No one should be shocked. Judith Ripka and Leah come to mind.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

The mean girls on this forum just can't pass up an opportunity to be judgmental about a lovely woman who happens to have gotten older and, gasp!, have a few wrinkles.  

@tototwo   If I'm included in "mean Girls" because of my observation about her neck, it was in response to everyone saying she had no work done. I've always been a proponent of aging gracefully with or without wrinkles. FYI, I've said here, even having a full facelift does not erase wrinkled, lined skin. It only lifts and tightens the skin. The wrinkles remain. 

I always discuss here good skincare and SPF to help prevent those lines as long as possible. Ms. Hutton spent a lot of time in Africa, etc. and most likely without sunscreen. In her defense, much was not known about the dangers of the sun on the skin. 

Who told you that? It absolutely does help remove wrinkles and creases, When your excess skin is cut off and the remaining skin is pulled up, that flattens out the wrinkles and creases. No one would have a full facelift if they had a face full of wrinkles on tut skin, I use my hands to "pull up" my face all the time to see how i'd look with a facelift and not a single wrinkle remains,

from healthline

"As we get older, skin and tissues naturally lose their elasticity. This leads to sagging and wrinkles. A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens these facial tissues.

A facelift can involve removing excess skin, smoothing out folds or wrinkles, and tightening facial tissue. It doesn’t include a brow or eye lift, although these might be done at the same time.

A facelift is only focused on the bottom two-thirds of the face and often the neck. People get facelifts for a lot of different reasons. A common reason is to help disguise signs of aging."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Being in my 70’s when I was a teenager we didn’t even know what sunscreen was. The surfers used to put zinc oxide on their noses. We didn’t have much choices it was Sea & Ski, Coppertone and Ban DeSoleli. I don’t ever recall a sunscreen being offered back then. We never even heard the word “skin cancer.” Thank goodness for Retin-A it has really helped with my sun damage skin from my sun worshipping teenage years. Anyone remember QT? Talk about being “ORANGE” LOL. 😱
Valued Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I saw this lady on Tamron Hall last week. She is a former model.  She says her beauty secrets are LOTS of Water every day and she uses and believes in StriVecton Products and is their new ambassador for them.

Anyone ever watch the 1980 movie "American Gigolo" wherein Ms. Hutton stars with Richard Gere?  Wowza, to be Young again.......they're both such elegant actors and still are beautiful (as we all are).

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@CherryHugs wrote:

I saw this lady on Tamron Hall last week. She is a former model.  She says her beauty secrets are LOTS of Water every day and she uses and believes in StriVecton Products and is their new ambassador for them.

Anyone ever watch the 1980 movie "American Gigolo" wherein Ms. Hutton stars with Richard Gere?  Wowza, to be Young again.......they're both such elegant actors and still are beautiful (as we all are).

@BSurLife65 

...."and still are beautiful (as we all are)"

True and Beautiful.  Thank You!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE