Honored Contributor

Lauren Conrad has new line of skin care and makeup

I got a notice from Kohl's that Lauren Conrad has a new line of skin care and makeup that looks promising!  I don't know if it's in the Kohl's stores yet, but it is available on their store website if anyone is interested in taking a look.  

I love her jewelry and clothing at Kohl's and have purchased many items in the past.  Some may not be familiar with her, but she used to be on a couple reality shows - one of which was Laguana Beach and one was called I believe, The Hills. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Lauren Conrad has new line of skin care and makeup

I got that too.  I have several pairs of her jeans and I really like them.  I will check these items out as soon as they are in the store.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I got a notice from Kohl's that Lauren Conrad has a new line of skin care and makeup that looks promising!  I don't know if it's in the Kohl's stores yet, but it is available on their store website if anyone is interested in taking a look.  

I love her jewelry and clothing at Kohl's and have purchased many items in the past.  Some may not be familiar with her, but she used to be on a couple reality shows - one of which was Laguana Beach and one was called I believe, The Hills. 

@AngelPuppy1   Most celebrity makeup lines are "iffy" as far as who and where they're actually produced. The celebrity input is usually not much more than putting their name with the product and maybe choosing a color out of three choices given to her. They have no scientific knowledge of makeup or skincare. The big companies snatch them up for publicity especially now that their businesses are down.

Respected Contributor

Her products look interesting.

I do like her clothes & home products, so I would give her skincare/makeup a chance.

Kohls is great with returns, if it doesn't work.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

I liked a lot of the information about the line and thought it looked decent.  I think I will wait and see when it comes to my local store!!  

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

I agree!  Her other products are quality and Kohl's is great to deal with!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I don't necessarily gravitate to any line solely because of a celebrity status or name.  I have had good experiences with buying other items which were under her name and so I won't put her new skin care and makeup care line down before I give it a chance.  I imagine that a lot of people, who are in the public eye, do just slap their names on just any old thing and don't care what it is.  I looked at the site of Kohl's which had her new line and they had some good qualities.  I don't know whether they would or will work for me, but several traits caught my eye in a positive way.  I will see if these things come to my local store before deciding.     

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I agree. I wouldn't try her line because she is Lauren Conrad. I dn't know her as a "celebrity".

She seems to go for quality at a modest price. And, not all lines of anything that I have tried from Kohls have been high quality.

We know that she is not a chemist & that the skincare/makeup were not devoloped by her explicitly, but she seems to be focused on producing good products before she puts her name on something.

I won't jump on this as "it looks like my holy grail" skincare or makeup, but it looks like some nice basics that I would be willing to try.