Respected Contributor

What is the shelf life of Laura's baked items?  I have blush and hightligher and foundation that are at least 2 years old.  Time to replace? They last so long!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Laura teller baked items

I have some of her blushes that are older than that and they’re fine. They seem to last forever. I occasionally spray them (and all my pressed powders) with rubbing alcohol to disinfect though.
Valued Contributor

If you go to her website, look under 'ingredients', it will give you the expiriation date for the item. Also, on the package, it has a picture, like an open compact, with a number in it. That means after the packge has been opened, that's the shelf-life of the product.

Tips for understanding cosmetics, personal care and makeup expiration dates when decluttering {on Home Storage Solutions 101}

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

If you go to her website, look under 'ingredients', it will give you the expiriation date for the item. Also, on the package, it has a picture, like an open compact, with a number in it. That means after the packge has been opened, that's the shelf-life of the product.

Tips for understanding cosmetics, personal care and makeup expiration dates when decluttering {on Home Storage Solutions 101}

@MandyG06, I guess that that date on a package might be helpful, but I think it's really benefits the company more than being correct. It also is likely a CYA thing.

Powder product such as LG's compacts last almost forever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl 

I purchased Laura's Baby Cakes Baked Blush palette from drugstore.com in March of 2010.  I finally polished it off earlier this year.

Bought a full-size Pink Grapefruit blush in March 2019 that will probably outlive me.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

here's some good info from the FDA about makeup and shelf-life/expiration dates

Drugs, including those that are both drugs and cosmetics, must be tested for stability (see the regulations at 21 CFR 211) and are required to have expiration dates printed on the labels. Manufacturers must make sure their drug products are safe and effective until their expiration dates.

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/cosmetics-labeling/shelf-life-and-expiration-dating-cosmetics

Trusted Contributor

I have some of her baked blushes that I've had for many, many years and they are just fine.  They look brand new.  Blush lasts a  long time.  

Honored Contributor

I give cosmetics the smell and looks test. If it smells off or looks like it has turned , I toss it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3   I usually use a Sharpie to write the date when I open the product...skincare and makeup to be on the safe side.