Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura's April 10 TSV in the Insider looks lovely

On 4/8/2015 Lally said:

I ordered today. No control whatsoever. I went for Auto Del because I liked the next kit even more. The last one is warm and yellow based so I will cancel it. I hope the colors in this kit are flattering for cool skin tones.

Me too, Lally, totally lacking control - I LUV makeup! It makes me happy when I'm down. And, I do love these soft colors, since I'm very fair (got the porcelain) think it'll give me a natural look, but enhanced.

Super Contributor

I am not buying it. The blush looks so pretty but Laura is saying it's matt finish but when she shows it on her hand it has so much SHINE to it so how can that be matt?? I like how it looks like a rose that's the best thing about the whole kit to me. So I am passing on this one.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading this thread, I cancelled the tsv order. You ladies saved me over 60 bucks. Happy about that. I did order her super sized Spackle and her new Gell Illumination pot which I can't wait to try out. I don't regret cancelling the tsv. After what you women said about it I think I dodged a return.

Frequent Contributor

My kit arrived today and I love everything.... but not necessarily all together! I wonder if I'm being too old fashioned wanting everything to match but the blush is a very cool toned pale pink and the lip color (on me) is almost pumpkin colored. I can't see how that's supposed to look good! I'm going to keep the lip color to use with Laura's Apricot blush-n- brighten - which is a perfect match - and use the rest of the TSV with a pink toned lipstick.

Honored Contributor

I am so glad you said that because I thought it was odd that everything didn't match. I thought maybe I was just so used to BE kits for so many years that I thought all kits matched. LOL

The lip color is a no for me. It's not nude, it's down right orange.

I will try the rest tomorrow properly.

The tote with the glitter is a big no for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

On 4/14/2015 VaBelle35 said:

I am so glad you said that because I thought it was odd that everything didn't match. I thought maybe I was just so used to BE kits for so many years that I thought all kits matched. LOL

The lip color is a no for me. It's not nude, it's down right orange.

I will try the rest tomorrow properly.

The tote with the glitter is a big no for me.

I rarely find any use for the bags offered in TSV's. Personally I'd rather have an additional item of makeup or a lower price instead of a bag, but then I try to think of it as an "add on" and not really part of the value.

You should try using another lip color with the kit and see how that looks. I did that today and it was fine. I really like the kit... even the lip color... but not all together.

And oddly when I look at the next shipment in August there's a plum shaded eye shadow and bright mauve lip color but the blush looks very peachy. It's as if the blush in this current kit should have been in the August one and vice versa! lol