Valued Contributor

The good news is LG 30% off sale is on- the bad news is their customer service- had a problem with the website so called the phone number- rang and rang and then disconnected a couple times- then got a message toleave my phone number (if I wanted) and someone would call me back (uh huh) --- finally placed an order online and inquired about geller girl points and why wasn't my stuff showing-Got an e-mail back (really quick) that they had switched over to a new format and not all member info got transferred and they gave a me a code for $10 off for my "inconvenience" BUT once the order is placed - can't apply 2 codes and they can't adjust it. They can't adjust it? and only one code per order- so say I do order something else and it certainly isn't going to be enough to qualify for free shipping again so that $10 would cancel out because even if I order something on sale - it's going to go toward the shipping which is high to begin with. NOT HAPPY! When I called again I got a CS that was quite curt and might just as well as said "tough luck" to me the way she talked. And of course no returns (why not I wonder? what if it's broken when you receive it?) Hope I don't have to find out! You might say be happy with that $10 they offered- well, if they waived the shipping I might be- but I'd rather had been able to apply it the big order I had already placed. That's just a crock that minutes later they couldn't adjust it. After all I didn't lose my information- they did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura's 30% sale and bad cs

Yes, there have been many discussions over the past few years about how bad Laura's customer service is. It is such a shame and has made me decide to not order her stuff anymore. There are too many choices out there to continually try to deal with a company that doesn't seem to care about its' customers.

Super Contributor

I had a bad experience, as well. Once I bought a blush on sale, and it arrived broken into several pieces. I didn't think twice about returning it (paying the postage myself), because it was broken. I received a phone call about 10 days later with a "Customer Service" rep scolding me for returning a broken item. They would not replace or refund because it was a sales item. They asked if I wanted them to return it to me, and then asked for my CC info to charge me for the shipping.

I've been buying Laura's items from Ulta and haven't had issues with them.

Honored Contributor

Yuck, I ordered something from them didn't have an issue, but customer service like that will certainly take care of not having to service any more customers

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Jayro said:

I had a bad experience, as well. Once I bought a blush on sale, and it arrived broken into several pieces. I didn't think twice about returning it (paying the postage myself), because it was broken. I received a phone call about 10 days later with a "Customer Service" rep scolding me for returning a broken item. They would not replace or refund because it was a sales item. They asked if I wanted them to return it to me, and then asked for my CC info to charge me for the shipping.

They wouldn't even replace it after you told them it was broken up when you received it? Did you call them when you got your order letting them know it was broken and you'd like a replacement?

So frustrating that people have been complaining about her customer service for at least a few years now and nothing changes.

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/27/2015 Jayro said:

They wouldn't even replace it after you told them it was broken up when you received it? Did you call them when you got your order letting them know it was broken and you'd like a replacement?

So frustrating that people have been complaining about her customer service for at least a few years now and nothing changes.

No, they would not replace the broken item. The said "all sales are final as noted before you placed your order". I said yes, I understand, but wouldn't that apply to items I received as you described - not broken items? They said sorry, "all sales are final". They offered to return me the broken item and said I can still use it - just smooth your brush over the pieces to pick up the color. But they wanted my CC # to charge me to ship it back to me.

That was the last time I used the Laura Geller site. There are plenty of other places to get her products.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Jayro said:
On 3/27/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/27/2015 Jayro said:

No, they would not replace the broken item. The said "all sales are final as noted before you placed your order". I said yes, I understand, but wouldn't that apply to items I received as you described - not broken items? They said sorry, "all sales are final". They offered to return me the broken item and said I can still use it - just smooth your brush over the pieces to pick up the color. But they wanted my CC # to charge me to ship it back to me.

That was the last time I used the Laura Geller site. There are plenty of other places to get her products.

That is despicable CS. On another similar thread but about a different company, a poster recommended going to the relevant FB page and making a stink and also contacting your credit card company.

"All sales final" does not relieve them of the duty to send you a new and usable product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland