Esteemed Contributor

Laura gellar balance and glow

Anyone use this over makeup as a setting powder? Would you be able to use it with a fluffy brush like a setting powder without taking away blush and bronzer color?
Honored Contributor

Re: Laura gellar balance and glow

I'm sure you could do it but I'd wonder about becoming overly glowy.  My preference is to use a non-glowy setting powder and add highlighter in the few places where I want it.  

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday 

I started using Balance and Glow this Winter after years of IT CC foundation.  I use concealer in a few spots and then brush on B & Glow.  It leaves my skin beautiful.

Never thought I would like powder at 78 but I am amazed at the finished product.  Doubt that I would ever use it to " set " foundation.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

I think it would be fine to apply lightly over a liquid or cream foundation.
Trusted Contributor

Personally, I prefer her 'Balance & Brighten' to 'Balance & Glow', but that's just me.

I don't really need the 'glow' factor.

Balance and Brighten evens your skin tone and I can use blush and highlighter wherever I need to.

Respected Contributor

I have not tried this. I think results would vary depending on color of blush, bronzer, and balance and glow. If you already have the product try and see how it works. It's fun to vary how I use products and see the different looks. I would not purchase to use as a setting powder. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday I have used it over my Dr. Denese Tinted Day Cream...very lightly, just for a little extra coverage . But I put my blush/bronzer on top of that. I quit using "setting powder" a long time ago, because I found it doesn't really make a difference for me.

Honored Contributor

I think I used that product and for some reason, all LG things like that are way to yellow on me---I have been told I am a light-warm---think I tossed it out recently. I've been having great luck with mixing summer bisque in with mineral veil. I do like the mineral foundation by BE but might have tossed it out too.