Regular Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier's new foundation

I have it and I absolutely love it. It does remind me of the new BE bare serum foundation, but I like it much better. It looks and feels much more natural to me. The shade Vanille is a perfect match. I usually just use my fingers to apply it, then set with a bit of LM loose powder. It looks fabulous and stays put all day for me. It's my new favorite!

Super Contributor

Hi Kat!

OK, went to Sephora and got color matched for it- I brought home Dune. Did not like how SA applied it- too much product! So, came home and washed it off and applied it lightly myself. Well, color looks a little too yellow for me, and it seemed to settle into a few lines. Boo Hiss!! So, I may try again in a day or 2. I am still a HUGE fan of her TM- it really is what I always seem to go back to. Moisturizing enough for me, color is great , and never settles into any lines, and tends to stay true for me all day.

Let us know what you think of it, OK?( Still haven't tried your other new fave of hers yet- the Crème Smooth Foundation. Think I will check it out next time I am in Sephora.)

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

Hi Kat!

OK, went to Sephora and got color matched for it- I brought home Dune. Did not like how SA applied it- too much product! So, came home and washed it off and applied it lightly myself. Well, color looks a little too yellow for me, and it seemed to settle into a few lines. Boo Hiss!! So, I may try again in a day or 2. I am still a HUGE fan of her TM- it really is what I always seem to go back to. Moisturizing enough for me, color is great , and never settles into any lines, and tends to stay true for me all day.

Let us know what you think of it, OK?( Still haven't tried your other new fave of hers yet- the Crème Smooth Foundation. Think I will check it out next time I am in Sephora.)

Janie, I believe that Nordstrom has better Sa's than Sephora. Test the shades yourself if you go to Sephora and do it on the jawbone - ten go outside. Or get samples of a few shades that you think work for you and take home. I recently found out about the jawbone and it makes sense because you don't want a line after you apply your foundation. It should blend into your skin not leaving a line where the makeup stops. I hate the fact that she raised her prices.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 KatCat1 said:
On 8/25/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

Hi Kat!

Janie, I believe that Nordstrom has better Sa's than Sephora. Test the shades yourself if you go to Sephora and do it on the jawbone - ten go outside. Or get samples of a few shades that you think work for you and take home. I recently found out about the jawbone and it makes sense because you don't want a line after you apply your foundation. It should blend into your skin not leaving a line where the makeup stops. I hate the fact that she raised her prices.

Janie, I agree with KatCat1. I would definitely go to a department store and have someone help you find the right Laura Mercier shade. I don't think Sephora does a good job with that. In my opinion it's better to go in there when you already know what you want or you aren't looking for foundation or powder.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I tried Laura's new foundation this week and it's very nice. As usual Laura offers a lot of shades, so please go to a counter to take a look at the shades for yourself. I wore it for hours and it looked great when I got around to washing it off. I'm thinking about buying because the color was great on me (and I have a yellow undertoned caramel brown complexion which isn't always easy to match). If the color selection overwhelms you -- or you're unsure in store lighting, a good SA at stores which sell Laura Mercier will gladly give you samples in a few shades to take home to try.

Trusted Contributor

I picked up a sample of the vanilla on ebay. Vanilla is on the light end of the chart, lighter than the ecru some of you have. And the vanilla is a scary orange color -- hardly light or, well, vanilla.