Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier coming to Ulta

Oh yes! I am excited! I love her Flawless Lumiere Foundation. My Ulta is moving in January to a bigger location. My wallet better go into hiding.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Oh yes! I am excited! I love her Flawless Lumiere Foundation. My Ulta is moving in January to a bigger location. My wallet better go into hiding.Woman LOL

@Tricolor   Try out foundations. Get samples if possible. Many formulas have changed and although some names of shades remain the same, they're not the same colors. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Never tried. Any stand out products?

@Brisky   Mmmm, where to start. The Under Eye Brightening Powder, LM Setting Powder (white, loose & finely milled), Eye Basics which are shadow primers that come in shades that can be worn alone as shadow, Cavier Sticks (waterproof stick eye shadows).....I personally also use LM's Primer. 

https://youtu.be/k2qjaihblMk

This MUA YouTuber uses Cavier Sticks (I believe in Caramel) in almost

every video...she loves that color.  Looks pretty...but did say they are 

pricey.  

5017F9C8-3B5D-49C0-82F4-35FE619952B1.jpeg

@sidsmom   Shanus to the rescue. Cover Girl came out with a dupe last year. Pretty darn close to Cavier Sticks, just not the wide color range. BTW, I follow Shelby Wilson, too. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I wore LM's tinted moisturizer for 5 years.  Some ingredient was changed because all of a sudden it oxidized.  Then they changed all the powder blushes and some of the lipstick collections.  Their products look cheap now even though they are not.  For me it is really a shame how they brought down this cosmetic line.  Laura had class.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Her TM used to be the bomb!  The new and improved is a dud!

Set me into a horrid peri oral derm issue!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@Tricolor   Try out foundations. Get samples if possible. Many formulas have changed and although some names of shades remain the same, they're not the same colors. 

Hopefully this hasn't been reformulated as it was new only last year. I just bought a bottle in the Summer and it was still the same formula.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   I wore LM's tinted moisturizer for 5 years.  Some ingredient was changed because all of a sudden it oxidized.  Then they changed all the powder blushes and some of the lipstick collections.  Their products look cheap now even though they are not.  For me it is really a shame how they brought down this cosmetic line.  Laura had class.

@Katcat1   The tinted moisturizer, we both wore, changed and not for the better. I never used her blush, but still like her lipsticks. I still use Baby Lips.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

WHen I was at NOrdstrom recently - they told me her TM's were being recalled as the colors weren't correct!  I was telling the gal how I have been to derm 3X since first of Oct due to using this product.  I NEVER had an issue with the original and used it for 12 years!  I've quit using her items - loved her old lipsticks and cream blushes too.  I do like Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown still - even though Bobbi doesn't own any longer, a lot of her items are still pretty good.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  There use to be about 5 or 6 lipsticks in the "Baby" shades.  I owned about 4.  I believe only 3 are now available and I wonder if they will keep that collection.  I believe they are going to ULTA because they lost a lot of customers with all their changes.  Laura had one of the best tinted moisturizers out there and now it is _____.  (fill in the blank).  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  There use to be about 5 or 6 lipsticks in the "Baby" shades.  I owned about 4.  I believe only 3 are now available and I wonder if they will keep that collection.  I believe they are going to ULTA because they lost a lot of customers with all their changes.  Laura had one of the best tinted moisturizers out there and now it is _____.  (fill in the blank).  lol

@Katcat1   I only purchased it years ago when you recommended it here. The porcelain shade was way off...just couldn't get it to work, returned it and went back to BB. That's where I'm staying.