Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier caviar sticks

I bought this Holiday trio from the Laura Mercier website. 

A Christmas gift to me.

717C8F39-D1E1-491D-8826-BE63D1FC18B1.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I received the same trio @JustJazzmom, along with some other shades from Nordies today. Can't wait to play with them tomorrow. 😊

Super Contributor

I have the Au Naturel and like it. Recently I purchased the moonlight mini , it's much too "sparkly" for me and my mature eyelids . How can I tone down the sparkle ?

I do not use a lot of eye make up . 

I was dissapointed when i received this , it doesn't resemble the color on their website and, they're always showing these on 20 y/o models' eyes ...

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - well I am very disappointed.  I had a feeling this would happen but was hoping it wouldn't.  Used the eyeshadow sticks this morning and within about 3 hours, it was all gone.  My lids just are too oily.  So will try tomorrow with a bit of eye primer - although tried that earlier this week with a different shadow stick and it was a disaster - but not holding out a lot of hope.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

My first attempt at using these e/s sticks was a fail.  But, the circumstances weren't normal.  I had to literally be out the door in 5 minutes and I wasn't even dressed.  I grabbed a few makeup items and jumped in the car.  I put on the LM e/s stick on un-prepped eyelids and (tried) to sheer out the edge with my finger.  Not happening.  I will try again under better circumstances but if these dry down so fast that I can't sheer/blend it out, it's not a product I'm interested in.  I thought maybe the sample I used earlier this week was old and dry and that's why it wouldn't budge.   

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

How was  your experience with these?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@aqua3 

The way I tone down e/s with too much sparkle is to put a little matte shadow on top of it that's very close to the same color.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

These LM e/s sticks dried down WAY too fast to be able to work with.  I will try one more time before returning them.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - thats too bad that they didn't work for you.  I didn't find that they dried down fast at all.  Maybe if they had dried down, they would have lasted longer on me.  Was going to try again today with a bit of primer to see if that helped but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I'm going to give them another try since the scenario was out of my norm.  I don't how working women put their face on in the car.  I personally haven't seen this but my husband has seen it several times lol