Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@Katcat1  O is a pink/peach combo-very lovely but on a very fair, pink toned skin it may show up more as a highlighter than a blush.

I would purchase fromSephora or a company w/agenerous return policy. I sent mine backfor this very reason.

My preferred blush is Antigua by Bobbi Brown; it's  called Illuminating Bronzer. This has been hg status for me for years. I am also really liking matte blush by Jouer in Adore-2 shades, pinkish based, generous amount of product.

@maestra  Antiqua’s a good choice also. I wish it came in a cream formula for dry/cold weather when my cheeks need that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shiseido bought the company

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

Ah, the curse of Shiseido...no offense to anyone who's a fan of their line, but they totally messed up Bare Minerals IMO so I think LM is in big trouble. I used to love the Bare Minerals outlets, but since Shiseido turned them into 'Bare + Beauty" - adding several of their other lines (LM, NARS, Shiseido, Burberry, etc.) the prices went up and the selection went down. Sigh.

@BostonMom 59  Ah I miss the Bare Minerals Radiances. Rose Radiance used to be my blush & not sure if they still have the Hydrating Mineral Veil.

Honored Contributor

I have worn Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation for over 20 years.  They reformulated it, and the reviews say it isn't nearly as good as the old formula.  I bought extra when they redid the formula and am still using it.  I have no idea what I will go to when I run out of this.  This is by far the best foundation I've ever used.  I was so disappointed when they reformulated it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor
Shiseido purchased LM two years ago, so this is nothing new. Every line phases products in and out. YOU may think reformulations are not as good, but they’re just different than what you’re used to. LM recently came out with the Flawless Fusion Foundation. I think it’s amazing and it’s my holy grail. And that’s since the Shiseido purchase. So, no, LM isn’t in trouble, doomed, etc. Things just might change from what you’re used to.
Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Revamping

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I have worn Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation for over 20 years.  They reformulated it, and the reviews say it isn't nearly as good as the old formula.  I bought extra when they redid the formula and am still using it.  I have no idea what I will go to when I run out of this.  This is by far the best foundation I've ever used.  I was so disappointed when they reformulated it.

@NickNack  If it helps, when BB reformulated her 20 yr. old foundation stick a few years ago, the new one was better! Nicer texture, easier to blend and many more shades. You can inquire at LM counter about your foundation. The new version may not be that drastically different...may even like it better. 😜

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack  If it helps, when BB reformulated her 20 yr. old foundation stick a few years ago, the new one was better! Nicer texture, easier to blend and many more shades. You can inquire at LM counter about your foundation. The new version may not be that drastically different...may even like it better. 😜

@Shanus  When I do run out of what I have I probably will try the new version.  The reviews from those who used the old version are discouraging though.  You may be right  and I'll like the new one better.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I need to add that Laura Mercier's tinted oil free moisturizer has not changed.  I pray that it does not change.  

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor
@KitCat1 Sorry it’s been a while since I checked my notifications. Shisheido bought LM in 2016.....